Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best operators for cheap holidays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm looking to book a ski holiday for myself and my girlfriend anytime during january or february, ideally for a week but maybe shorter. Do you guys know any good websites/operators for cheap holidays as we are on a fairly tight budget?

Cheers,

Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rocket ski have some pretty good deals for Jan; have a look at igluski as well although you may want to wait another week or so for the best January deals/prices.
Happy hunting
Mitch
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris_5000, yes, I'd say wait a bit - and January (early/mid) likely to be cheaper than February. Take care to add up all the costs - including passes, equipment hire if you need it, etc. Some cheap "headline" holiday costs can turn out not so cheap when everything is added in. A week is generally much better value than a shorter time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
directski.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What sort of accommodation you after.... chalet, hotel, apartment. Catered or self-catered? Flying or driving?

Going for less than a week generally won't save you money. What is your budget btw?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris_5000, Try these dates.
Sun 2nd Jan to Sat 8th.
Mon 10th Jan to Weds 19th any dates in there.
Sat 8th to Weds 12th.
Sun 23rd to Sun 30th.
Nina can do you a good discount on a B&B room for those. Just depends on flight prices to Geneva as to how cheap you can make it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As a rough guide i would budget for about £1k for a weeks skiing holiday per person either side of the expensive main holiday weeks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
check last minuite.com i got a good deal £270 for flights accom and transfers to soll austria. As others have mentioned ive booked through igluski many times and they are often cheap however i feel their prices were higher this year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There have been loads of deals on Igluski for chalets next week (dep. 19th or 20th, Christmas week), look to be mostly from SkiBeat (you can book direct with them), down from around £800 to around £250 for flights, transfers, accommodation, food & wine, never seen so many cheap Xmas deals!

I'm hoping it's indicative of things to come, although I suspect that this year some early bookers may have shunned the peak season weeks and gone for cheaper options in the off season.

You usually need to wait until the week preceding departure to get the best deals (I'm talking half price or better). If they are still unsold the day before departure, they can get spectacularly cheap. Of course there may be very little left available, the key is flexibility, can you really go at the drop of a hat? Or do you need notice to get time off work, find a kennel for the dog, cancel the milk, etc......?

Early-mid January are usually pretty slack and March could be good this year with no Easter hols until mid April.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris_5000, Ummmm . . . . you can't go too far wrong (in value for money terms) with admintours. But that may fall out of your budget range. 'Less than a week' is not going to happen so best you can do is get packed ready and follow luigi's advice and keep your fingers x'd, you may have just 24 hours to get to the airport etc.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all your resplies guys, much appreciated..

DallyPaul,

Paul,

Thankyou very much, interested in that....what sort of deals would you be able to do us on 10th-19th or 23rd-30th for 2 people?

Cheers,

C
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Total have about 40 deals to various chalets across France, Austria, Switzerland and Italy (regional departures too) on their specials page leaving this Sunday 19th for Xmas week, they want £400-500 for them ATM, could well change tonight/tomorrow if they really want to sell them.

They're not going to sell many at that price while the Ski Beat chalet deals are still available at around £250 (Les Arcs, La Plagne, Meribel, La Tania & La Rosiere on Gatwick to Lyon flights), these have been selling all week, Val d'Isere rooms sold out quite quickly, some twin rooms left but also triples with hefty supplements if you can't fill the room.

I guess that most people who want to go skiing at Xmas tend to book early, others have family obligations at that time, so hard to find people willing to go last minute. I'm tempted at those prices, but have already made other commitments.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowtrex
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do a DIY - You are paying them a couple of hundred quid to do what you can do on 20 minutes on the internet. TO deals only work if they are throwing in freebies like free passes and cut price hire
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skiworld and Neilson have some chalet deals departing tomorrow and Monday, if you're feeling lucky about snow disruption.

Find the deals first on Igluski, then google the accommodation name to find the tour op.

Chalet Arebo, Are, Sweden dep LHR 20/12- £150pp

Chalet Nemone, Val Thorens dep LGW 20/12- £169pp

Chalet Balcons de la Rosiere dep MAN 20/12- £150pp

All Neilson, these are at prices that should go quickly, you may need to call them, last minute deals are not always available online!

Skiworld have various French chalet deals from £199-£229 in VT, L2A, ADH, La Plagne & Les Arcs.

Best price is Chalet Fleur des Alpes in Meribel dep 19/12- £199pp
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy