Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the good Kirchberg offpiste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow skiers Smile

I used the searchbar but didnt really feel I found what I was looking for.
I am going to Kirchberg in jan 2011 and would be really happy if someone could give me a heads-up on where the best offpiste runs are and how I get to them.
Any other tips or in fact anything you might want to tell me about the area (on the mountain aswell as off the moutain- apres-ski/nightlife) would also be very appreciated

Thanks in advance =)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try searching for Kitzbuhel off piste as it has been mentioned on here and is the same area as Kircberg.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your advice but sadly i did not find answers for my questions Sad
perhaps i am doing it wrong, but the searchbar cant give me the information i am looking for
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look in this thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53795

Or start a new thread and ask about Kitz off piste instead

Went to Kirchberg in 2007 was quite a lot of Dutch about and the umbrella bar in the middle of town was rammed for apres. Boomerang bar was a good spot at night. Wouldn't bother with 'The London Bar' much better to get a 20 euro taxi and sample the best and original Londoner in Kitz.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mudz, Hi,,, Kirchberg is not a good place if U want to ski offpist,, Its not high level,,, there is some at Pass Thurn,,, OK if U are lucky with the snow and temperature, its possible to find some nice runs in the forest,, To be sure to have good offpist snow, U has to go to a resort that have a highest altitude minimum,, 2300m,,,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

To be sure to have good offpist snow, U has to go to a resort that have a highest altitude minimum,, 2300m,,,

Lies.
--------------------------------------

Once you get to Kirchberg there's a fair bit that you'll notice just from pistes and lifts, although some you may have to put in a bit of effort to get to/back from. Not much in the way of gnarl, but there's some fun stuff about.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
freeheelskier wrote:
mudz, Hi,,, Kirchberg is not a good place if U want to ski offpist,, Its not high level,,, there is some at Pass Thurn,,, OK if U are lucky with the snow and temperature, its possible to find some nice runs in the forest,, To be sure to have good offpist snow, U has to go to a resort that have a highest altitude minimum,, 2300m,,,

It's an interesting point but yet i disagree. Could you please eloborate why anything below 2300m could not be good offpiste snow? Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mudz, Ok,, read one mor time,,, I say,, to be sure to have better snow,,, U has to go to higher resorts,,, thats a big different,,, I had for a couple of years ago,,, fantastic snow on 1000m in Alpi di Mare, Italy near the mediterranean,, so u has to read a little better,,,, not so quick to answer,,, Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
freeheelskier, if you bothered to write more clearly with fewer commas and text talk, maybe people would be able to read what you are really trying to say. I read it exactly as mudz to be perfectly honest.

It is not so easy to ski outside of the pistes in some resorts in Austria because the forests and alpine meadows are often privately owned and it is not allowed to ski anywhere you fancy. It is always better to ask around to find out the situation rather than just simply cutting your own lines without any regard for the environment. I always ask the local ski school or at the lift office if there are any restricted areas. These could be private forest, avalanche prone slopes or just hidden hazards as I found to my cost once when I ski a wonderful untouched slope only to break through the cover. My skis stayed in the stream I landed in, while I was catapulted head first into the snow-bank I was hoping to use as a ramp for a "fabulous jump" before rejoining the piste. Embarassed The ski class who just happened to be passing by at the time had a very good object lesson in why some areas remain untracked at my expense. Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue,
Quote:

f you bothered to write more clearly with fewer commas and text talk, maybe people would be able to read what you are really trying to say. I read it exactly as mudz to be perfectly honest.

that is exactly what I was thinking Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbandit, If U not have mor to say,,, don´t say nothing,,,
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More to say,,,,,,
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mudz, there are various off-piste possibilities around the Steinbergkogel. On the piste plan some ski routes are marked, e.g. 90 which brings you back round to the lift again.

33 and 34 are longish, relatively flat runs down a valley, which involve a bit of walking (34) or bus/taxi to get back to Jochberg or Kitzbühel. These routes aren't skied so much nowadays with the 3S lift providing a link to Jochberg.

Also on the Steinbergkogel, if conditions allow it, you can ski off-piste down by the lift C1, directly by the lift in the photo below.

Some people also ski down the other side of the Steinbergkogel, towards the Silberstube, but I've never tried that. Further over there is usually unpisted snow beside the Hochsaukaser lift, G8.

As others have said there are areas up towards Pass Thurn, with some easy unpisted snow alongside the lifts. There is also a run down under the Zweitausender lift, D8, which is usually full of moguls.

I imagine the the Streif (the race course) in Kitzbühel will be closed in January until the race is over. And then it will be all ice until it has snowed again - not my scene!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks everyone!
some good answers in here =)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy