Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hertz hire through Ryanair website

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a strange question, but has anyone booked car hire with Hertz through the Ryanair website? If so, did you get asked for proof of flying with Ryanair when you collected the car?

When I printed my voucher last night (booked ages ago) I noticed a small section right at the end that states we have to show proof of flying with Ryanair or they reserve the right to charge us full price. Slight problem is that we're flying with Easyjet. You might think I'm a complete idiot at this point, but at no point when making the booking did it state you had to be flying with Ryanair in order to book a car through them. It still doesn't.

I'm hoping to just blag it if asked for proof, but just interested to know what to expect.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
m00958, Hurtz & Ryanair - Ha! No chance of those two paradigms of customer service conspiring to stitch you up like a kipper! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
m00958, IF you want to risk it I suggest you go to the Hurtz desk with passengers that have actually come off a Ryan Air flight, hopefully the desk will be so busy with Ryanair pax that they won't bother to check.
But if you turn up with no Ryanair flight in sight you may look a bit obvious Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, yeah, I checked that out already. The only Ryanair flight that day comes in from Stanstead, 3 hours after us... Perhaps €20 will help grease the wheels Toofy Grin

The main reason I wanted to book with Hertz is that the Hertz and Avis desks are the only desks that seem to be quiet in previous years (Grenoble). The Avis website won't let you book as apparentley they don't open their desk on the weekend in the middle of ski season rolling eyes Everyone seems to queue at the National desk and it's taken us 1+ hours to get served.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have always found this 'cheap' Hertz rental through Ryanair a bit of a scam in that you end up paying a lot extra for proper insurance, etc., but have never been asked for proof of Ryanair flight.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beequin, thanks for the info. I figured they probably wouldn't even bother asking. They are French, after all Laughing Will keep an eye out for the extra insurance stuff. I don't mind paying a bit extra if I don't have to wait in a queue for over an hour to get the car.

Have you ever hired chains? Did you book in advance or ask for them on arrival?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
m00958 wrote:
Boredsurfing, yeah, I checked that out already. The only Ryanair flight that day comes in from Stanstead, 3 hours after us... Perhaps €20 will help grease the wheels Toofy Grin

The main reason I wanted to book with Hertz is that the Hertz and Avis desks are the only desks that seem to be quiet in previous years (Grenoble). The Avis website won't let you book as apparentley they don't open their desk on the weekend in the middle of ski season rolling eyes Everyone seems to queue at the National desk and it's taken us 1+ hours to get served.

Avis don't open at the weekends in Grenoble?! I have a somewhat jaded view of car hire firms but I find this pertty hard to believe - their website says they're open 8 till 8. http://www.avis.co.uk/CarHire/Europe/France/Grenoble/Grenoble-St-Etienne-Airport... however, if they've told you otherwise then definitely go with someone else.

I'd be way of choosing a firm because they appear to be unpopular though - there could be a good reason wink

You should book chains in advance; any excuse to be unhelpfull will be pounced on in my experience.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sah, that is really strange. I checked just a couple of days ago and when trying to book on a weekend an error message came up saying they were closed. Going back a few weeks/months my wife called them and they said we could pay £40 and someone would meet us there. Yeah, ok.

I just tried the Avis website again and you can now book. Talk about leaving it late in the day! Their prices are absolutely horrific. £256 for a twingo?! They must be mad.

I know what you mean about unpopular businesses. It's like with restaurants, "Don't want to eat in there, it's empty" Smile However, after spending the last 2 or 3 years waiting for over an hour for the National desk to process the ~4/5 people in front of me I've had enough. Whenever I travel with my boss he uses Hertz, and we've never had any problems. Hence my decision to use Hertz.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
m00958 wrote:
Whenever I travel with my boss he uses Hertz, and we've never had any problems. Hence my decision to use Hertz.

Yeah, I very much doubt they are any worse than the others to be honest. I also supsect you'll be OK with the RyanAir booking. If not, there are other options, have you tried through EasyJet? Also, have you checked with any of the price comparison sites to see who is cheapest - e.g. http://www.kayak.co.uk/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sah, i think easyjet have a deal with national which is why the Q is always huge at that desk just after an easyjet flight has landed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't remember being asked to show our boarding card or Ryanair booking , but that was in Turin.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
m00958, I would always book chains in advance (and a ski rack if you think you might need one) if the option is presented.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno wrote:
sah, i think easyjet have a deal with national which is why the Q is always huge at that desk just after an easyjet flight has landed

Ahhhh.... in that case your plan sounds very sensible Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
m00958, I have booked Hertz cars several times in various places in europe through the Ryanair website when flying with other airlines, or not flying at all, and never had a problem but I do think that somewhere in the conditions it does say that if a flight is delayed beyond their closing hours they will only stay open if you fill in the flight number on the booking form.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi - like skitow I've used Hertz through Ryanair alot in Poland. Never been asked for the boarding card - but i've always been the only customer and its been pretty clear that I've arrived on the ryanair flight...

Try going to Hertz direct at that location and see if they'll do a booking for the same price if you want to be safe?
snow report
Thanks to everyone for their posts. As usual, lots of useful information.

I'll stick with the original plan (plead ignorance Smile) and if they charge extra I'll fight it when I get back.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy