Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

8th-15th Jan Last minute deal - How late should I leave it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My fiancee and I are planning a last minute cheap as chips trip from 8th-15th Jan. We've just bought a house so we're flat broke but the prospect of a season without the mountains is even bleaker than my new bank balance!

So I'm planning to book something last minute. How late is it best to leave it? Is there an optimum number of days to balance getting the best deal for the cheapest price. We want cheap, but we also want good skiing. Any advice on what my plan of attack should be? And any good resorts that are last minute favourites?

Cheers,
Jon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

How late is it best to leave it?

middle of the previous week?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonnybroome, 8th - 15th Jan is pretty much the quietest week of the season in Austria.

Check out the prices now with the Tour Operators as they may be pretty good for Austrian destinations.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flangesax, it's a good call. There are some pretty cheap deals around already. I thinking if I leave it late I can get the same price but for a better quality resort.

I'm usually the organised one so a few days before makes me sweat! Probably the way to go on this one though! Thanks for the input.

Anyone out there know of any good resorts which commonly pop up with some cracking last minute deals?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jonnybroome, if you're leaving it that late, I would choose the resort where the snow will be best. You should be in a good position to judge then. Good luck with it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just got a Mark Warner email with half price Xmas weeks in Val D'Isere, Tignes and LDA - I bet there will be plenty of space in Jan - I would wait until the week before and start looking then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy