Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If we get the predicted Snow dump This weekend Impromptue snow Heads meet at Box Hill?

Poster: A snowHead
As above really If we get the snow were promised for this weekend is anyone up for an impromptu snowHeads meet at Box Hill Sat morning.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-boxhill

£3 parking and a good cafe.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
or... cairngorm - assuming we can get there?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
560 miles cant really do that for an impromptue drive SWIMBO wont allow it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This weeks 'predicted snow dump' is prone to suffering from the Michael Fish effect - ie over-hyped cos they under-hyped the last one.

I predict minging rain south of ...er... Kettering
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agreed but "if" it happens and i actually have money riding that it wont in work then be good to someone else up there on skis NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If it does snow - park at Ryka's, free and save yourself a treacherous drive up the hairpins plus you can get a greasy burger from the caff.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks For the advice.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The current forecast models are no longer predicting snow :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/4172?&search=dorking&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

Happy to be proven wrong of course, as having missed the box hill couloirs the last twice it has snowed I would be keen to get down there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i have put money on it just being stupidly over hyped media fluff because we were caught with our pants down 2 weeks ago.

Another alternative would be Butserhill at Queen elizabeth country park 275m down but 3500ft of effective piste that is pretty awesome when it gets good snow especially as there is a pick up point at the bottom and a road/carpark that is cleared running to the top. All we would need is a snowhead with a decent 4x4 and we could get multiple runs in otherwise 2 runs in a day, 3 if your feeling fit and dont want to do much the following day.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
if there's snow I'll be there (but looking a bit unlikely now). Agreed that probably easier to park at Rykas and walk up, added benefit is that you're last run is back to the car.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Met office is predicting up to 25cm to be deposited on the south of england from 03:00 on Sat

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html

So Sat or Sunday maybe looking plausible

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There was a dusting of snow on box hill last night and it is sooooo cold that it hasn't melted. If the forecast snow comes tomorrow I'm sure the skiing will be good and you will be able to enjoy lunch in the NT moutain restaurant. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Absolutely dumping it down in Richmond now, looked out of the window about an hour ago and not a drop, now I literally double-taked as I glanced out of the office window and saw a good couple of inches and it's still coming down thick and fast!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The forecast models keep changing. Yesterday they were talking heavy snow tomorrow. This morning I checked and it was showing nothing.

It's just snowed heavily for about 15 mins in Sutton and dropped maybe a cm or two on the ground but it stopped now. It's being snowing in Walton.

If it does snow heavily tomorrow day/pm I reckon Sunday might be the day and I'll try and get down there. Unless it dumps overnight tonight but alas I've got too much on tomorrow so fingers crossed for sunday for me.

Shame there's not a bus service from the bottom to the top !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
8" on the ground here at the mo and still chucking it down Shocked

If it weren't for all the dork drivers on summer tyres blocking the roads I'd go skiing...... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
I could be persuaded to put the skins on and schlep up Box Hill on Sunday morning, travel logistics permitting. I'll keep an eye on the window, I guess.
latest report
here's a pic of Boxhill at 2pm https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/IMAG00652.jpg

Not enough for skiing yet but meant to snow heavily tomorrow so might be ok for tomorrow. Yoda, you're right about the drivers, glad I was on the train and walking, cars sliding all over.
ski holidays
Just slalomed through the wreckage of a couple of collisions on icy/snowy country roads on the way home from work. Confused
snow report
Don't Laundryman! Our car is at large in surrey - should be on her way back from VW garage in guildford after repairs - would be nice to see her rolling down the road sometime soon!
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Absolutely dumping it down in Richmond now, looked out of the window about an hour ago and not a drop, now I literally double-taked as I glanced out of the office window and saw a good couple of inches and it's still coming down thick and fast!
That was absolutely amazing. Had to work in Richmond this afternoon, trotted up to Clapham Junction without a care in the world and no sight of snow and emerged 20 minutes later into a blizzard. Pavements back to Richmond Station at the end of the afternoon were lethal and I was completely inadequately shod. Shocked
snow conditions
Quote:

I was completely inadequately shod

tut tut, Hurtle, there was plenty of warning. But you did have your balaclava, I trust?
latest report
pam w, no, but I did have a woolly hat. Just not wearing my most grippy boots, stupid I know.
latest report
It is snowing heavily near box hill. looks very pretty. Don't know what the roads are like now but yesterday evening they were covered in ice and people took hours to travel a few miles. Would probably be a bit risky for anyone to attempt driving to box hill today.
snow report
going to try tomorrow morning as there is more snow promised this afternoon Smile
snow conditions
there is probably 10-15 cm there now snowHead
snow conditions
just back from 3 hour mtb ride - boxhill, ranmore, leith hill. Started snowing as soon as I left and by end of ride I was riding through 10-15cm of powder, fantastic fun on leith hill and summer lightning! Worst bit was the main roads which were carnage esp the A25 out of Dorking, also saw a Land Rover on it's side down one of the minor roads.
So conditions beginning to look promising for skiing later today or tomorrow but be v careful if you have to drive here, only 4x4's seem to be getting through at the moment.
latest report
So is anyone up and about and planning to venture near Box Hill? If so, please shout! DH wants to go play and we have snow tyres!!! snowHead
ski holidays
After a nightmare drive yesterday on frozen backstreets in Richmond, including a couple of all-four-wheel sideways slides and zero effective braking down a slight hill, my summer-tyred chainless Golf is remaining put until the thaw (or Tuesday evening when I have to drive home to Lancashire). I'd have been up for Box Hill otherwise, but may have to do with the fantastic Richmond Hill again today after a great hour there yesterday. It'd stayed below freezing and the sledgers had packed it down perfectly. About 150m long and got up a fair turn of pace and ripped some nice turns. Will have to see if it's still skiable this afternoon. Hope whoever goes to Box Hill has fun Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sideshow_Bob,
Quote:

After a nightmare drive yesterday on frozen backstreets in Richmond, including a couple of all-four-wheel sideways slides and zero effective braking down a slight hill, my summer-tyred chainless Golf is remaining put until the thaw
Battersea rather than Richmond, Polo rather than Golf - but otherwise +1. Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy