Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzburg to Haus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for Taxi's or other means of travel to get 4 people to Haus from Salzberg Airport as cheap as possible??? ( without hitch hiking !!!)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The cheapest is the train www.oebb.at
Your hotel shoul dthen pick you up from the nearest station for free if you ask nice enough!
Or you can get a taxi transfer:

http://engl.salzburg-airport.com/bus_840.html

I think the best one is this one:

http://www.transferservice.at/index_en.php at €100 each way.

The yoursist office recommend these huys http://www.reisen-habersatter.at/transfer-buchen-en.php?a=1 @ 49.90 per person... I don't like them because they let me down a few years ago.

So... ther eya' go!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would also use the train and then get a local pick-up.

We have used Habersatter, and it was a bit of a nightmare. It was a collective transfer, so still involved the waiting on coaches for other flights to arrive, and our party of 10 got split onto 3 buses, then we had to do various 'splinter' groups several times along the way (as in 'everybody for Schladming get off at this muddy layby and wait for the minibus', and then 'everybody for x location get off minibus and wait for random taxi'). I mean it got us there, but wasn't v convenient and for the money, not a bargain. Would have got the train if I had realised that was what was on offer for the money. One of the reasons (one of many, not the key reason) that we DIY is we don't like TO transfer buses, and this was no improvement.

The train on the other hand, has never let me down!

D
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used the taxi company recommended by flangesax in the past and this one below. No problems at all with either.

http://www.taxi-erlbacher.at/

Used Habersatter last year going back to Salzburg from Zauchensee and they were very disorganised, just as Deliaskis described.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi heliphil,
I'm out to Schladming with my 2 sons on a diy trip and we're taking the train,70e return for the 3 of us. I contacted the crowd Flangesax doesn't like and got no reply despite several emails and filling out the online booking form a couple of times so I'd be wary of them.Train runs every 2 hours or so and takes around 1.5 hours.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a skibus from Schladming to Haus if you arrive during the daytime, otherwise you can ski it (or take a taxi)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for that - I think we will have to get a taxi again as we arrive late sunday afternoon and the train times don't seem that good....

We have got a taxi for the last two years (to Rohrmoos and Flachau) and it works well but is expensive, but also very convenient.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just noticed that you lot managed to de-code my post!... I left the keyboard on German and managed to typo the heck out of it!

When we arrange transfers for guests we use Huber Reisen (www.huberreisen.co.uk). They are about €45 per seat for a return and very reliable.. never let us down!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
that would be dot AT rather than dot co dot uk I guess

I can't remembere who we used last year but it was a local Flachau firm (very good as well as our plane was delayed by 2-3 hours and apparently the taxi waited all that time at the airport !!!! may be it was just a ploy to get a tip but it worked, they even took us to the hire shop on the way back to drop off the skiis and boots)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy