Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort in the world for a season

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I would like to ask all experienced seasonaires out there. Where is the best resort in the world to spend this ski season??

The following things are important: A large and varied ski area with off piste, good-looking single women, and facilities/nightlife in that order. Also, a place where a lot of other people are there for the season too for commeradery Very Happy .

Thanks for any suggestions,

David.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidd01 wrote:
good-looking single women, .

Have you ever been to a ski resort? BYO or rent at best. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Meribel? Tignes?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val d'Isere and Verbier have to be the best. Not the least expensive in the world I know, but ski and board bums thrive in both so it must be doable.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

BYO or rent at best

Laughing My son enjoyed his season in Val D'Isere and I've other friends whose son spent several seasons there, and still goes back at every opportunity. My son found Meribel poor in comparison, with very little going on.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
St Anton's an awesome place for a season! Loads of awesome offpiste, best apres (literally) in the world... Some people refer to it as St Manton due the 'lack' of available women, but I never had a problem over my season there... LOADS of hot Skandi girls everywhere!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hmm, verbier seems like an idea
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did a season in Méribel. Basically Fulham with mountains and snow. I didn't get a choice, it's where my TO employer sent me. I had a great season and thoroughly enjoyed it but have no desire to ever return to Méribel.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, I would rate skiing in Meribel in the same league as a beach holiday in Rimini.

I would never go back to Rimini as I don't want to visit English pubs in a foreign country.

The only difference is that Meribel has skiing and a fantastic ski area to access, so I'll let it off. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Anton sounds like a top place for women doing a season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sauze d'Oulx has the women (and how) and to a certain extent the nightlife, but it's stuck at one end of the Milky Way so it takes a while on the slow lifts to get around and quite a few of the runs seem suspiciously permanently closed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidd01 wrote:
Hi Snowheads,

The following things are important: A large and varied ski area with off piste, good-looking single women, and facilities/nightlife in that order. Also, a place where a lot of other people are there for the season too for commeradery Very Happy .

David.

Good list but a couple of things I would add to it (unless of course your minted), is affordable accommodation and options for work. Also lookout for resorts that have a season that lasts long enough for you.

I have done seasons in Verbier and Chamonix and would recommend them both, although Cham works out a bit cheaper. Don't worry about the single woman thing, as women say in Alaska "the odds are good, but the goods are odd". So if your not odd, then your still in with a shout.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
St Anton sounds like a top place for women doing a season.

Depends on what you're after in a bloke and what makes the season 'top'. As a 25 yr old female, being hit on by a wrinkly old German dude was not exactly one of my season highlights...

It is a good resort to do a season in, done 2 already and my third is currently on hold temporarily whilst my fractured ankle heals...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidd01, Hi,, U ask for the best skiresort in the world,,, so,, with my experience, I have visit more than 60 skiresorts during the last 30 years,,, I will say som of the resorts on Hokkaido, Japan,, Most snow in the world,, The Best snow in the World (sorry Utah), and fantastic women/girls,,, europen men are wery exotic for them,, I can promised you,, If Not are drunk,, they will run after U
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hokkaido seconded.

Also Park City, Utah has a great town and social life and loads of great skiing nearby.
ski holidays
1. Verbier;
2. Val d'Isere.
3. Chamonix.
snow report
Got a friend who has done 2 seasons in Meribel and loves it. My wife and I have spent a total of three weeks there and rate it too; have never really understood the stick it gets from Brits.

Also have friends who run a business in Val d'Isere and wouldn't be anywhere else in the winter; we enjoyed the village but prefer the skiing in the 3V and Paradiski.

Yet another friend did a season in Tignes and hated it - awful accommodation even by seasonaire standards, ripped off by employer etc.

My brother-in-law had a ball in Whistler in 2006/7, and his younger brother leaves tomorrow for his four months as a snowboard bum. If I was considering a season, Whistler would be high on my list because it doesn't feel cut off from the rest of the world like the high French mega-resorts do. It's quite small by European standards, though.
snow report
Geilo in Norway has to be the best, yes short runs, yes expensive beer but the women are stunning, both the local and the hundreds of Swedes and Danes who holiday there. Toofy Grin
snow report
davidd01 wrote:

Thanks for any suggestions,

Go ugly early. Toofy Grin
snow report
Borrovets
latest report
Having done seasons in Val d'Isere, St Anton and Chamonix, and having since skied a lot in the 3 valleys and Whistler the place I still go back to more than any other is St Anton. If I had the chance I'd do another season there, and if I ever win the lottery I'd buy a house there before any of the others (but if I won enough I'd have a little place in Chamonix too).

Truth is, where ever you go you'll have a great time.
ski holidays
Mike Pow, Utah,, is fantastic,,, the best and cheapest for Utahskiing, is to hire a room in Salt Lake City, and take buss every morning,, U have 6 resorts on one card, and bus is included,,,,
ski holidays
Quote:

1. Verbier;
2. Val d'Isere.
3. Chamonix

Whitegold, I can agree with U about best in europe,,, but davidd01, ask for best in the world,,,,, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
freeheelskier wrote:
Quote:

1. Verbier;
2. Val d'Isere.
3. Chamonix

Whitegold, I can agree with U about best in europe,,, but davidd01, ask for best in the world,,,,, Toofy Grin

Well, heliskiing aside isn't European skiing the best in the world anyway wink

But the list is wrong of course, it should read
1. St Anton
2. Chamonix
3. Val d'Isere

Very Happy
snow conditions
sah, Oki,,, If U think,,,, U read the most known resort,,,they are good,,,, but not the best,,,, there is a world outside the alps,, little friend,,,,,
snow report
freeheelskier wrote:
sah, Oki,,, If U think,,,, U read the most known resort,,,they are good,,,, but not the best,,,, there is a world outside the alps,, little friend,,,,,

1) What makes you think I'm little?
2) What places outside the Alps are better than St Anton, Chamonix etc?
snow report
sah, I realy dont want to coment this,,, but,,,,, I have skiing in more than 60 resorts in europe, USA, Canada, Asia including Hokkaido,,,, during the last 30 year If a resort is better than unother that depends on what U want of your skiing,,, I ski everywhere,, I have skiing with the best,,, Patrick Vallencant, Sylvain Sudan,, and I have never lay down,,, allways follow,,, Chamonix, St Anton is very good resort,,, but the world is bigger than that... USA,, Sunbird/Alta, Brighton, Breckenridge ,Jackson Hole, M Baker, Canada, Fernie, Revelstoke, Whistler, Asia,, Dizin (Iran), Sorkji (Russia), Gulmarg (Kashmir),, And a number of resorts on Hokkaido (Japan),,,,
snow conditions
freeheelskier, is there something wrong with your keyboard dude?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PeteMan, I´m not english,,,,, so what,,,,,,
ski holidays
freeheelskier, Sure, there are plenty of other places, and I've skied a few of them too. I wouldn't swap any of them for the European resorts. I lived in Vancouver and skied Whistler as often as my credit card would let me, but St Anton, Cham, Val d'Isere all have more to offer as far as I am concerned. I've skied Jackon Hole in epic powder and it was incredible - nearly as good as skiing off the Valluga in deep powder Smile Mount Baker gets a lot of snow, but it's hardly a resort is it? You wouldn't seriously want to spend a whole season there would you?

I'm not dismissing the other resorts, I've yet to ski Alta or anywhere in Colorado, and I'd love to go there but I've yet to see anywhere beat what I've skied in Europe, especialy when you are talking about a whole season.
snow report
freeheelskier wrote:

PeteMan's not referring to the quality of your english, it's the number of ",,,,"'s that are appearing in your posts.
latest report
sah, I have spend one season in M Baker,, ,, but I agree there is only skiing,,,, nothing else,,,,, Valluga in deep powder is fantastic,,, but like Chamonix,, there is alot of good skier there,,, so after a dump, its crazy,,, many skier want to find the best lines,,, And I want to be the first there out,,,, but at least itt always depends of the snow,,, the best powder I got in Europe was in Vallitsa (Greece),, surprice,,, I was not,,, It just to find what U want,,,
ski holidays
freeheelskier wrote:
sahValluga in deep powder is fantastic,,, but like Chamonix,, there is alot of good skier there,,, so after a dump, its crazy,,, many skier want to find the best lines,,,

I can't argue with that... you have to get up early and be prepared to hike to ski much powder in St Anton and Chamonix...
latest report
stevew wrote:
freeheelskier wrote:

PeteMan's not referring to the quality of your english, it's the number of ",,,,"'s that are appearing in your posts.

Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:

I can't argue with that... you have to get up early and be prepared to hike to ski much powder in St Anton and Chamonix...

It´s like this,, If a resort is very good, there is alot of other very good skier there,,,, So for me,, and alot more skier, a good resort is,,, not found yet,,,,, But we want to find it,,,,
snow report
Is this working for a season or just bumming around because that makes a huge difference?

If you're working in a chalet where you do your shopping, chalet accessibility and how many rooms to clean makes a huge difference to time on the slope.

As with all things ski/board there are so many variable it's hard to make recommendations without knowing all the parameters.
ski holidays
freeheelskier wrote:
Quote:

1. Verbier;
2. Val d'Isere.
3. Chamonix

For a 5-month season, these three are the best in the world.

US resorts are too cold, too cloudy or too small.

Japanese resorts are too cloudy.

European Alpine resorts combine size with snow with sun with atmosphere better than anywhere on Earth.
latest report
sah wrote:
freeheelskier wrote:
Quote:

1. Verbier;
2. Val d'Isere.
3. Chamonix

Well, heliskiing aside isn't European skiing the best in the world anyway wink

But the list is wrong of course, it should read
1. St Anton
2. Chamonix
3. Val d'Isere

Very Happy

St Anton is too downmarket and chickfree.
snow report
Another shout out for Verbier. Loads of young seasonnaires there, I had a great time.
snow report
bfry, plus, because of it's proximity to Geneva, it has lots of regular weekend visitors. I've spent a fair amount of time there on weekends and Xmas/NY thanks to a friend who rented an apartment there for a couple of season. There's a real "locals" scene and a friendly feel to the place*

*this assumes you don't mind posh folk and/or city types. If you're the "chip on shoulder working class hero" type you might not like it, best of in Alpe d'huez
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy