Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain sun Tignes boot camp

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from 3 days skiing at the Mountain Sun ski and board camp. Same format as last year and had just as good a time.

After worrying on the transfer up to Tignes due to the amount of rain coming down, we arrived at the mountain the first morning to find plenty of snow and great conditions. We covered a lot more new runs this year and hardly ski'd a run more tahn once. Although we still hardly made a dent into Espace Killy. I love the skiing there and this year ventured into Val D'isere. I thouth the skiing was better in Tignes, but Val is much prettier.

Next year we are planning a 5-6 day trip because 3 days of flat out skiing is just knackering.

As ever the prices are ridiculous. 7 euros for a beer in some places. 20 euros for a burger and chips in Val D'Isere.

This year we got a hotel in Geneva for the last night and it was much more fun than last years stop in the formula 1. We stopped in the city center this year and got a train into the airport the next day. Genveva is a lovely city at night and day, (but bloody expensive again)

I achieved my aim of skiing the Trolles black run. It is actually not that bad (more like a steep red in fact). We met a few other snow heads.
Name check time
John, who's mate did not make it until the Wednesday due to snow at Edinborough airport.
Karen and Ken.
The guy from Barnsley who had some banter with my mate who is a Leeds fan.
The guys from Liverpool.

The ski equipment was as good as last year and I tried an all mountain ski on the first day, then went to race carvers for the next two. The hotel was as friendly as I remembered it, I had read on here that the new faces there this season had changed the atmosphere, but I have to disagree. It was just a shame that the hot tub was not working.

All in all we had a great laugh and as soon as the next years dates are released I will be at the front of the queue.

Next skiing will be Bansko in March (unless I can get a cheeky trip in to Scotland).

Cheers
Smag
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy