Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of Skiing for Family of Four at Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
oli405, nice one and great first post. Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Technique, It can be done easily with either very early or very late booking, or if you avoid France. As for mugs - people spend what they choose - doesn't always make them mugs. Not sure what your contempt adds here?

Wayne, nice one. snowHead

oli405, have fun. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stoatsbrother,

Sorted

Thats the 1st £3,000 so only £37,000 to go

I think Mr Admin will be making some sort of announcement after New Year about this but in the meantime if anyone is interested here is the link again

DSUK minibus appeal
Please send it to "everyone" you know.

We have a few other ski related organisations that have agreed to support the Appeal by sending out the details to all their members. The details will be added when I get back to Blighty end of March.

Any questions ?, the contact us page sends me a copy of any e mails that you send.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr Technique wrote:
Affordable half term skiing. So easy, even a child can do it.

I don't know why we have to have all the "OMG, I spent £9k for a family of four!" stuff every year. You bunch of mugs.

He has a point. If you want to take the laziest, most obvious options of course it will look expensive. Think a little bit more creatively and you won't get shafted.

My BiL paid the same to a tour operator to ski patches of snow and eat rotten food in Bulgaria that we did to rent a house and ski powder for a week in the Queyras last season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a few "Easter is late" comments on here. Yes Easter 2011 as a religious holiday is late, but school hols around our way start on 9th April, which is only 7 days later than 2010 Easter school hols - it's not so bad.

The OH is a teacher, but we avoid half term and try to squeeze in a week at Christmas/New Year and a week at Easter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oli405, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

school hols around our way start on 9th April, which is only 7 days later than 2010 Easter school hols - it's not so bad

Absolutely. Our place is south facing, and only 1550m, but we've always been able to ski back (sometimes on rubbish snow, admittedly) till around 22 April when the season closes. There's a lot to be said for sunny, warm, deckchair weather and the odd bit of water-skiing. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
February half term we drive down to a small resort in Haute Savoie region, which all in costs us less than £2K for a family of 4 including eating out everyother night.
The accomodation is on the small side for 4, but comfortable, clean and well equipped and 100m from the bubble lift.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably should mention above includes Eurotunnel courtesy of TESCO points and first tank of gas FOC !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyder_pig, Ditto. Grand Massif HT. Only 3 of us going but if I extrapolate 4 woud still come in under £2k.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy