Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

finkenberg?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to this place? When is best? What it is like?tks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went donkey years ago. Very quiet little village never really saw any apres ski after the bar at the bottom of the lift had closed. The week we were there you couldn't ski back down to the resort. Quick way up to the mountains compared to going into Mayerhofen. Good for getting to the Hintertux and the other Zillertal resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sokolmost, Agree with stevew, the FinkenNest had a bit of low key apres too, along with the bar at the bottom of the gondola. Apart from that the hotel bars were about it.

Another problem there is was the ski buses than head further up the valley - if you dont get an early one they are all full from Mayerhofen. Easy to get the gondola up to the ski area though.

I too went years ago so it may have changed. Luckily we met a couple of german lasses, one of whom had an Audi quattro, which was useful for getting around and apres wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great place.Better access to penken.And we have always had a good time in the two apres bars.The one at the gondola is the bomb.Go for it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One of my favourite places, low key but friendly, busy without being crowded, and easy access to the mountain compared to the gondola out of Mayrhofen - the morning rush may leave you queueing for 5 minutes, while the evening rush can be 10-15 minutes to download from the middle station if you insist on leaving then. Instead, stop at the alm by middlestation and have a drink while the queues reduce.

Free buses run to get you to and from the lift, although they stop about 6pm I think, so extended apres can leave you with a steep walk home. The village is on the side of the mountain, on about a 25-30 degree slope, so if you're at the bottom of the village you really do need the bus in the morning, whereas if you are in Persal or higher, you really need the bus at the end of the day as you will be too tired to walk home uphill. The only shop is about 150m above the lift pn the road, so can be a bit of a trek if you are self-catering. For non-skiers though, Finkenberg is a bit limited, but the buses along the valley will get you to Mayrhofen in 5 minutes.

The Finkennest is my sort of place - welcoming and reasonably civilised at 5pm, then noisier later. The bar beside the lift station is always loud and busy, so we avoid it, but for those who like that sort of thing it has a good reputation.

For ski hire, I'd recommend the shop above the lift station, under the Cafe Sennhutten - excellent service on several occasions, and a good range of kit, plus the Cafe is great as well.

Finkenberg has everything from basic self catering to 5 star luxury, so there's bound to be something to suit your requirements.

In terms of dates, any time from now is likely to be OK this year, and the hill keeps its condition well through March in most years. With the current levels of snow, even the run back to the village may be open for a while, but beware it is a narrow forest track with roots and stones in places.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy