Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Speedometer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am based in London in the UK and want to buy a ski speedometer in time for Christmas. I understand that the "Tech 4 O SI- Ski 1 Speedometer" is the best. Is this right? Does anyone know roughly how much I should be paying for something like that (ballpark figure would be really helpful) and where I can get one? There is one for sale on Amazon US but it won't get to the UK in time.

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated!!!

Thanks so much in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simple question, can you not use the GPS function on your smartphone (that is assuming you have one)?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have a Nokia phone download sportstracker it has everything you want.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you got an i phone try the cyclemeter app.........gives speed and distance accuratly and plots on a map where you been
the altitude leaves a bit to be desired though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so much for this. Was hoping to get one as a Christmas present for someone though - are the normal GPS apps better than the old speedometers? As in, would it actually be a fairly useless present?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The model you mention gets pretty bad reviews on Amazon.com, so I think you probably would be better with a GPS app. I've not used one for skiing, but friends of mine use them for running and they seem pretty good. Plus, if you already have a smartphone some of the apps (e.g. runkeeper) are free.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is what My Tracks on android phone looks like,

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106712322946794352395.000495d1e8e6e75c45552

Most of the apps listed above all do something very similar.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
don't you get charged bigtime for using phone gps abroad?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BiG_tYrOnE wrote:
don't you get charged bigtime for using phone gps abroad?

No, GPS won't cost you anything. BUT, downloading data (e.g. maps) or uploading any routes will indeed cost you a lot. Make sure you transfer data using WiFi if possible.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
perelik1, thanks for that - just trying it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sah, awesome, don't need maps, just speedometer app Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy