Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Domancy from 11th December with a car - where to ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads

I am travelling to France tomorrow for some early(ish) skiing, however this is the first time I have hired a car and not been tied to a resort or holiday package.

We will be based in Domancy so we will be close to Megeve/Combloux, however at the moment it appears as it will remain, for the most part, closed next week.

As I have the car does anyone have any tips on where I should go? I definately want to make the most of being mobile Very Happy

Also, does anyone have any tips for a new driver to the French alps? The car will have snow chains but I dont even know when they should be used Puzzled and my only experience of driving in snow/ice is the panic and devastation caused when a couple of centimetres fall on good old Lancashire.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Les Contamines = they have some runs open I think, and snow should be OK

Drive steadily, in as high a gear as possible, don't spin the wheels, not too much gas or brake, drive on egg shells. Have fun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was busy baking Christmas cake and getting grand-daughter to bed. She's asleep now. Little Angel There's not a huge amount open yet and this week's rain did the lower slopes no good at all. Grand Montets, Les Contamines, Flaine, are the obvious contenders. Les Saisies has some slopes open, and the snow won't be bad up there, but it's 50 minutes drive from Domancy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't think Les contamines is opening full time until the 17th but will be open at the weekend. Chamonix, is about 20 mins up an easy road - or you should be able to get a bus/train from Domancy or Le Fayet. Avoriaz or Flaine I imagine will also have some open lifts during this week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Are you staying with Dennis & Gillian?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy