Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helicopter transfer from Chambery to Couchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever done this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ansta1, I think you're after snowheads.ru ? snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SteveM, they most likely already have their own chopper and pilot Happy

Just kind of interested to see if anyone ever has done this. although it's likely to be well out of my price range it would be rather a cool add-on don't you think?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The airport (and helipad) is some way out of town so you would still need a taxi to get you to your accommodation so it wouldn't be as cool as arriving at a Country House hotel where you land in the garden and walk to reception. I guess you'd have to become a bit of a bore constantly saying "I arrived by helicopter you know" which you would surely have to do to justify the cost.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tiger2, I know 1850 and the 3v's pretty well but the accomodation we are staying in is just down from the altiport (crystal 2000 with esprit) not that I'm suggesting we'd walk but it's certainly doable and if it wasn't ridiculously expensive it would be for the experience and not the 'show off' factor. If I wanted to do that I'd take my own plane (after doing the altiport conversion course which is a pre-req to flying into and out of there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tell them to drop you of at the top and then ski to you hotel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

land in the garden and walk to reception

So you land at the altiport and get a snow mobile to reception, luggage following on behind. I would suggest that's quite cool.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, if the price wasn't ridiculous that would be a very cool way of doing things..... must investigate. As for skiing to the place I'd love to but feel we are probably going to be restricted on luggage space if not on price.

Gome on SH's there must be someone out there who has done this?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.whitetracks.co.uk/Shared-Helicopter-Transfers_Listings.php?agent=popup
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
blockhead, Thanks BH already mailed all of the 'googled' transfer companies and so far 24 hours later not a single reply.....

Perhaps I should have put my query in a cross between russian and french. In fact if you look at these guys http://www.helicopter-courchevel.com/uk/vol_helicoptere.php they have nicely translated their pages into English/French/Russian... Still no response from them or the others or any snowHead who have heli transferred from airport to resort.

Guess I'll have to slum it!!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I've finally had my first response. Single turbine with capacity for up to 5 people (but only minimal hand luggage) 1440 euros. Think I may well have to suffer the TO transport!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tightarse Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.snowboundtransfers.co.uk/helicopter-transfers-to-courchevel-meribel.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1,
Quote:

capacity for up to 5 people (but only minimal hand luggage) 1440 euros

Perhaps the rich Russians sleep in their ski gear eh, or just buy new in resort...............or maybe their skibunnies get a few provisions in for when they get there!!

Cool idea but out of my league, maybe buy a cheap T34 ex-Soviet tank and smoke into town with the music on full blast Telly-Sevalas style, even cooler and impressive for the Russkys............but maybe even more expensive, mmmh Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
as an update just had my second response which was exactly the same price as the first so guess there is bit of price fixing, cartel type activity going on. Can't say I blame them.

I'll probably end up going for a private transfer rather the the TO as..

A. It will be quicker and less painful.
B. I'm sure I can get the driver to stop off in 1850 and pick up our prepaid skis for the kids.
C. and most importantly I can get in the bar earlier.....
snow report
You could try these,

http://www.blugeon-helicopteres.com/
snow report
Try SAF Helicopters based at Frontenex / Tournon www.saf-helicopters.com
latest report
cheaper option ...

Very Happy
snow report
£250 each (for 5).

I imagined £1000 a head so, relatively speaking, not too bad...
snow report
ansta1 wrote:
as an update just had my second response which was exactly the same price as the first so guess there is bit of price fixing, cartel type activity going on. Can't say I blame them.

I'll probably end up going for a private transfer rather the the TO as..

A. It will be quicker and less painful.
B. I'm sure I can get the driver to stop off in 1850 and pick up our prepaid skis for the kids.
C. and most importantly I can get in the bar earlier.....

why not save the grand and have a few days extra?
snow report
Spend the 1k on heliskiing during a post-storm bluey.
latest report
Rafeski, Whitegold,

Both would be nice but this is the family trip so not an option for either. Still some snow fun is better than none. Still havent decided between car hired, private transfer, to bus transfer or mix of the above.
latest report
Our private transfer from Chembery to Courchevel 1650 is costing more than the flight!
latest report
I always hire a car, it's always a lot cheaper and convienient unless your travelling solo. Quite often we never use the car once in resort, however it's nice to have it there just incase you fancy something different one day if weathers bad ect. . .
latest report
davejsy, would normally hire a car but our accommodation is near the altiport so would have to drive it back down to the town to park once i've dropped the family off and then make my way back up mountain. But I could have a beer or two in Le Jump while I'm waiting for a taxi...... now there's a thought Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy