Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fort William Nevis Range Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some advice about skiing around Fort William the week after next. I’m going to France in January but I’ve got enough time off to try and squeeze in a few days at the Nevis range.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Fort William backpackers place? How easy is it to get from there to the Nevis range without a car? Is the bus stop far from the hostel? Also how good is the available tuition ?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a bus from the bus station to Nevis Range and back
If you're looking at the back packer hostel next to the round-a-bout at the top end of the high street you should be able to walk to the bus station - about 500m
Better still. Try the Alexander hotel as it the nearest to the station (across the road) or try the Ben Nevis hotel which is owned by the same Co as the Alexander as they used to run a free mini bus to the slopes each day but not sure if this has started yet for this season.

To see what the real conditions are like at NR have a look at the Nevis Cam. You can't see NR on the Cam but the hill to the left of the Cam Pic is Beag Dearg (I have spent way too much time up on that hill) and is about the same height and just across from NR so the conditions will generally be about the same
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
edit

Just looked at the cam again as it keeps changing.
The big hill on the right (the big cliff) is Nevis. If you can see 3 hills in the picture with a rounded looking one in the center then the steep slope on the left is Nevis Range ski slope - the south west section of it anyway.
If you can only see 2 hills then NR is out of shot (to the left of the picture). If wait a while then refresh (press F5) you should be able to see NR.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Wayne, NR has its own webcam.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic breakfasts at The Alexander
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure how frequent the bus is - I have a feeling it doesn't run very often.

See my Nevis review
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy