Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Lyon Saint Exupery Airport to Tignes next Tuesday morning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A delay in my weekend travel plans to Tignes has meant I have had to book for next Tuesday's early morning Gatwick-Lyon flight arriving in Lyon at 9.50. I rather naively assumed I'd be able to get a bus transfer to Tignes or, at least, get a train to Bourg Saint Maurice. Having booked the flight, I now see that there doesn't appear to be any buses (altibus) and the earliest train is 12.45 but with a 2 hour wait in Chambery and only getting to Bourg at 17.45 (then I've got to get up to Tiges Val Claret!). Anyone got any ideas? Even better, any miraculous coincidence of anyone on the same flight aiming to get up to Tignes who might want to share a private transfer?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wish I'd booked the Geneva flight as there is a public bus service to Tignes from there next Tuesday. This is what I've discovered:
- no public bus from Lyon Airport this early in the season;
- first train to Bourg Saint Maurice is 2 hours after my flight with a 2 hour wait in Chambery and another 30 mins in Bourg for the bus to Tignes so 4.5 hours wasted;
- if anyone has got any bright ideas/offers/suggestions for a rather more speedy but affordable way of getting from Lyons Airport to Tignes Val Claret next Tuesday at 10am then let me know.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could arrange one day car hire from Europcar at Saint Exupery and drop it in Val d'Isere. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avago, thanks. I've checked it out. I can get a one day rental to Bourg St Maurice but can't get the price down to a level where I feel it is worth it. The daily price is not bad from £65 but the one way thing more than doubles it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
StanBowles, I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you more help..... good luck Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could contact these people and see if they have space on one of their buses

http://www.lyonairporttransfer.com/?gclid=CP236tD54aUCFRZq4wodp1J92Q
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
or use this here info, simples.

http://www.tignesnet.com/more/tignes-travel-transport-airports-aeroport-lyon-st-exupery.htm?id_service=13833
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
or here!!!!!

http://www.ski-transfers.com/airport_transfer_to_Tignes_Espace_Killy.php
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Avago, Timbobaggins, Many thanks for the links. I had checked out tignesnet. The snag is that most don't offer shared shuttle transfers and the price is way sky high for just one person. It is looking like a long day on the train with plenty of time for lunch in Chambery en route! I'll ask fellow passengers on the plane - you never know, there might be people heading up to Tignes or Val.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy