Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere Jan 11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked. Staying at the Moris Chalethotel with Mark Warner. I've been at MW gigs before so know generally what to expect, but I haven't stayed at the Moris before. I know some of the rooms can be a little shonky, but I made sure I got one with a bog and shower en suite. So for anyone else has been there, what can I expect? And how far is it from the Blue Note?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr John, Lots of people on here have stayed at the Morris Laughing It's at what i would call the "far" end of the main drag. Pub downstairs with regular live bands on. Not much chance of an early night in wink . Pretty close to bus stops etc IIRC. I know someone who goes on a fairly regular basis as a single traveller. Soon hooks up with a group either through the ski hosting or the Ski Club. Some one will be along soon to give you the inside line. It's definitely a skiers place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bus stops? I understood it was "just across the road" from Solaise and Bellevarde? Not bothered if it's a few minutes walk to the bars in the evening, but I'm not keen about grappling with buses to and from the slopes every day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr John, It's all of a hundred yards or so over the road, and then a little bit to a lift (from memory, go up the lift for the nursery slopes, then ski down to access lifts to all areas...). Not worth sweating over. The bus stop outside will run you up to Le Fornet or down to La Daille, and numerous stops along the way. There are plenty of resorts where this distance would be marked as ski in/ski out (probably)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blue note: From Morris - bear right - at tourist office roundabout turn left - follow road towards tunnel under nursery slopes - after 20metres bear right - pass ESF on your left - turn right - pass Bricoval (the ironmongers) and one or two doors further on. Between 200 and 300 metres. Might see you on/after 16 Jan.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John, If you wake up and there has been a fresh load of powder , get on the first bus to Le Fornet and you will find untracked powder for the first few hours run after run , it is the quietest place as the Leissieres Express is usually one of the last lifts to open giving access from Val to Le Fornet. Never stayed at the Morris but used it on many occassions for apres , listen to the live bands, a game of pool , watch the football and generally meet people. Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice tip, cheers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, Sorry, should have clarified that i meant the buses that run up and down the valley Embarassed It's actually handy if you want to get to/from La Daille/ Le Fornet fairly quickly. As Scot Ski pointed out it's the quickest way to access the passilas glacier area above Le Fornet. Also handy if your playing in the trees above Le Daille or having a beer at the Folie Duece. Simply ski down to the roadside in Le Daille and hop on the bus.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Morris do great burgers too Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy