Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who wants a dirt cheap bed in Chamonix from Dec. 24th to Jan 2nd?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a room in a hostel for those dates. It is a friend and I going, the room is a 3 person at Hotel El Paso and we are paying 69 euros a night (total). So with one more person it will be very cheap. This isn't 100% yet, will need to run it by him and confirm we are staying there and don't change our mind (though it is currently booked) and also make sure it is 3 beds and not one double and one single. Just gauging interest here to make a final decision. I wouldn't expect much from the hostel, probably pretty run down, but if you are pressed for cash its only 23 euros a night each. Wouldn't expect to get to sleep very early there either, appears they have some live music downstairs...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's the name of the hostel?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick May, Maybe Hotel El Paso........
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, El paso... We changed the reservation, however, and will only be there for the 31st and 1st now and I think it is actually a single and double bed, not 3 beds...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
americanskier, that's where I normally stay when doing a DIY to Chamonix (although I've not done so for about 3 years). I think last time I went there I got a 4-bed room (2 sets of bunks) to myself. It's, as you might expect, pretty bargain basement - typically French, probably not seen any paint in at least 50 years, plumbing's a bit rustic - but perfectly OK. Great location just off the main drag. There's a mexican restaurant (La Cantina IIRC) on the ground floor, where they also do the checkin and self-service continental breakfasts. The bar is below the restaurant and gets going about 9pm to about 2am, but it's no problem provided you're not a ridiculously light sleeper. Have a good time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy