Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to and parking in Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All
I am planning on visiting Val d'Isere for 2 to 3 months this season and am after advice on parking there. The website has details of fee paying car parks, but is there anywhere to park for free for that length of time. What about parking in nearby villages like St Foy?
Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ste Foy parking is free, large car park at the end of the MGM apartments, there is also a large new carpark near the Le Face gondala but this is not free.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gideon, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I don't have much experience of Val D'Isere - others will have more advice. But when I've driven there for the day (off season) I have considered myself pretty lucky to get a paying underground car parking space. There was no chance in any unpaying places - most are attached to particular residences so I guess it depends where you live. That was in the centre though - if you're out in the boondocks it might be easier. In many resorts, though, you are not allowed to just park in the streets overnight because of the need to leave the way free for snowploughs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a very large free car park at Tignes Les Brevieres - it's 3 lifts from there for you to to get back to Val D'Isere. It appears that you can park there as long as you like as it generally has the usual selection of converted HGVs inhabited by eco-warrior-esqe pierced, tatooed & dreadlocked seasonnaires wink ).

Alternatively, there is a second, smaller free car park at tignes Les Boisses. Seen cars well snowed in there - so assume that you can stay there as long as you like too.

In Val D'Isere, there's a free car park next to the cable car at Le Fornet - no idea whether that's a long stay possibility though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

the usual selection of converted HGVs inhabited by eco-warrior-esqe pierced, tatooed & dreadlocked seasonnaires

Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went to Val D several years in a row (but haven't been for 5 years) and always made use of a large, open air, free car park between la Daille and Val D.

Not sure if that is still available now however.... I'm sure some Val regulars will be along soon to comment.

If not, mountainaddict's suggestion above seems feasible.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was a free car park at the Laisinant end of town when we were there in January 2009 - Drive to the roundabout just beyond the Spa supermarket on the left, and turn left. This was during the FIS world championships, when parking was at a premium, but our friend left his car in there for a week with no problems. Has always irked me because we'd been forewarned of parking difficulties and had forked out to pre-book underground parking...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

We went to Val D several years in a row (but haven't been for 5 years) and always made use of a large, open air, free car park between la Daille and Val D.
Not sure if that is still available now however.... I'm sure some Val regulars will be along soon to comment.

It hasn't been for the past 2 seasons...Seem to recall that it's now either a pay car park or has been blocked off to force people into the pay car parks Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As far as I can remember there many free parking in Val D but I never find a space myself.

I usually park at Tignes and paid for it at Val Claret open car park just next to the lift station. Think there were several paid underground car parks at Tignes 2100 handy for the lift stations.Last time I was there I carried a roof box on top of the car. It was alright on entry as I checked the headroom height displayed. When there were no space I searched a few levels down and heard a big bang. The lower levels have reduce headroom!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy