Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season Started in Andes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Time to start booking the flights up looks like a great start

http://www.andesweb.com/
http://laslenasski.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am contemplating a first Andean trip probably 7-10 days and considering Portillo. Anybody been? Or any other suggestions?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bernard Condon, I suggest that the summer is hard enough for some of us to get through without knowing that some of our number are going off to do some southern hemisphere skiing. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been in Portillo. The skiing & accomodations are very limited there. If going to Chile and staying around Santiago I would opt for Valle Nevado, El Colorado, Parva. IMHO Termus Chillan is the best. This is south of Santiago .YOu can get a cheao flight down to Chillan or Conception.

For a European style experience I would opt for San Carlos de Bariloche in Argentina. Flight to Buenos Aires & connectinf flight to Bariloche. Las Lenas is also fantastic but again accomodations are limited and everthing is normally sold as a package. I bought my weeks package from a travel agent in downtown BA .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, NehNeh Contemplation is the operational word at the moment, snowHead but I'm getting very enthusiastic! Some fool told me that it snows there too! Shock Portillo in Chile has just had a 55cm snow day, followed by a measly 40cm and their season hasn't even started. Very Happy

stanton, Thanks for your post. Accommodation, I am not really bothered about it as long as there is some! but I would be interested to hear more about your comment on limited skiing in Portillo. Puzzled How limited is it? Runs, lifts variety of skiing, more piste than off-piste?

Valle Nevado, El Colorado & Parva - these are linked I believe - the Chilean Trois Vallees? What is skiing like here?

And sorry to be a pain, I have never come across Termus Chillan, I will try to get some info on it today, but what is it like?

I shall start on snowHeads archive and advance to the wider world if satisfaction can't be got there! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bernard Condon,

Portillio . When I last went there it was my last port of call after Las Lenas,Bariloche,Chillan & Valle Nevado so comparing it with those it came out last. I think most europeans,north americans etc would be bored in 3-5 days (max). I covered the whole resort (on piste in half a day) The lifts verticals are short. THere is some good off piste from the Roca Jack & Condor lifts. WhenI say accomodation is limited I mean limited . Def boof up befor eyou go . I had to plea for a room in the Hotel Portillo (the yellow one in all the photos). Its very old, very expensive. You could stay down in the local shante town of Los Andes which will has much more of a chillian feel with the donkey's roped up along the side of the roads !!

Valle Nevado, El Colorado & Parva are linked but only one-way (when I was last there 2001). You had to hitch a ride back around the mountain. I believe more lifts have been installed since then. The accomodation the hill is expensive.

Most South American resorts do all inclusive package.

Termus Chillan is on an active volcano. It has the longest run in South America. PLenty of vertical & theres plenty of variety. Your find lots of Americans here as well as all the other resorts Smile Heliskiing is also available. Hotels are good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Follow-up
When I last went down there I booked my own "Open Jaw" flight from Amsterdam to Buenos Aires Returning from Santiago. I used local Argy tour operator http://www.badino.com.ar/ski-network/ for my visits to Las Lenas & Bariloche couldnt fault them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, Thanks very much for that briefing. I have found some more info in the archive section and can begin to join up the dots! Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, Ditto your 'Follow-Up' snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The American Forums are pretty active a good for info on SA skiing. Im looking at a trip myself !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If your interested I have started tp post some pics of South American skiing in the Snowzone http://www.frostybear.net/photopost/member.php/uid/80

I,ve started with Las Lenas from 2001 . I have to scan the photos in as this was pretty much pre-digital Smile more will follow of other resorts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have been interested in a trip for 2006 or 2007. year after next seems more likely though. I am hoping to join a tour for 10 -12 days with instructor guides costs about £1200 plus meals all transport, lift passes, and accommodation 4 and 5 star include you just need flights on to of that. PM me for details.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have posted some more photos on in the SnowZone from Catedral, Chillan & Portillo all from 2001 trip
http://www.frostybear.net/photopost/showgallery.php/ppuser/80/cat/500
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy