Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Rictor - All Mountain Skis.. reviews?...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm gonna try some of these tomorrow plus some more K2's plucked from the test quiver....

Anyhow - has anybody had a play on these planks yet?

There should be enough powder scattered about to test th eoff-piste potential... but only the potential!....
It'll be my first go on some rocker skis so am pretty excited!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of these but I have only tested them in the snowdome, having to wait till feb to give them a proper blast in France!

I really liked them, v lively and responsive, good edge hold, easy to turn etc. Obv its hard to really use them on such a small slope but I enjoyed them more than the wateas, for example.

No idea about performance in the deeper stuff but would be v interested to hear your thoughts. Would also like to know what they are like at speed. Sounds like you have access to much better testing grounds anyway! wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garethb82, had ablast out up at Zauchensee today.

Very grippy skis. The pistes offered a huge mix of conditions today as the temps rose over night. There was fluff, piste, compact piste, ice and ice balls... not any pow though as it has crusted now.
I was amazed at how the skis treated all of these different surfaces with the same level of attack. On icey patches and very hard packed piste they dug in and gripped nicely.
The rocker certainly helps me find a wee bit more edge as it reallly flings my 100kg mess of weight into the edge.

Straightline speed... reminds me a bit of boarding... always have an edge in mind! But if you are leaning forward then the skis are not resting on the rock. This impressed me as they were very stable. When relaxing and going quick in a more upright position I did get a bit caught out by the rock.

Still... they are on my wishlist but I might try some Nomads first.

I do have my skis for real powder / off piste days so am not too worried about the skis in the real pow.... but I recon they will hold up to their all-mountain tag!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flangesax,

Nice one, sounds like u had some fun! V much looking forward to getting mine onto some proper mountains Very Happy

Cheers for the review!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm just back from Tignes and skied my '09 Rictors replacing Crossmax 10s. I was impressed by how well they held on the icy Face then coped with some fresh falls on the unpisted runs. Not as stable on high speed shushes, but that my have been linked to my lack of movement as my SI joints were rather seized up (Chiroprators again tomorrow).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decided to get some of these... but am still waiting for them to arrive... getting ex-testers.... should be with me next week I hope!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yay!... got the planks yesterday and was out on them all day today.
After spending yonks on my twinnies I was caught out with the stiffness of a 'proper' ski! But once mentally adjusted i was ready to rip! They are an awesome ski with such durability. Short turning is great fun (and not quite as knackering)... long carves are hard to keep on the rails but with more pratice (naturally) I recon I'll bed that in soon.
Fantastic ski, can't recommend them enough!

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have been thinking about get the wayback (touring ski with rocker).

How much does the rictor weigh?
http://www.testberichte.de/p/k2-tests/a-m-p-rictor-10-11-testbericht.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to la tania in just over 2 weeks, can't wait to get mine on!!

I mainly ski on piste but I bought these with a view to at least trying some off piste at some point!

Anyway I loved them when I tested in the dome and from your experiences I think I'm going love them even more on some proper slopes!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.testberichte.de/p/k2-tests/a-m-p-rictor-10-11-testbericht.html

http://www.snow-online.de/ski/2010/K2/Rictor.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, way too heay for touring Sad infact the weight is a bit of a downer for the ski as a whole. The metal core probably doesn't help that!
I'll weigh them sometime tomorrow.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ordered some today after skiing on them before Xmas in Zermatt and loving them! End of the month can't come quick enough for me to be able to try them out in Les Arcs
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax, nice...maybe now you can keep up with me wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy