Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Mid April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're thinking of going to Les Deux Alpes in mid-April.
I have seen old posts commenting on snow conditions, but does anyone know what we could expect in terms of queue-sizes?

Thanks, Ian

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 7-12-10 22:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm off in early April and whilst not expecting much at town level I'm hoping there will still be a decent amount on the tops.

Going to try get over to La Grave as well for a couple of days, apparently you need (highly reccomended) a guide so going to see what the prices are before I commit to that idea, but my guess is that it is quite snow sure with it being so high up and has glaciers on it.

But going in April is always going to be a bit of lottery regarding conditions, so just hope for the best Very Happy .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should be excellent up the top - a good choice for that time of year. Conditions lower a lottery, obviously.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just edited, as I found some old posts about snow and it looks pretty good as an April resort.
I definitely won't expect perfect conditions, but I'm not planning on lounging by a pool!

I'm just wondering if everyone will flock there at that time due to the height.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thebronsonite, I've never skied 2Alpes at that time and not had good conditions as far down as 2000m. There have been times when the best way down from there was by telecabin, but that still leaves most of resort to play with. the last few seasons have seen good skiing into resort until well after we've closed at the end of April.

Despite the good conditions we're generally not busy in April - this has to do with the fact thet people perceive it to be 'too late' to ski and bûgger off to the coast instead. Freaks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Lizzard, Pam and Leeds,

I agree, they must be freaks! There are plenty of people here who were complaining when it snowed. I enjoyed myself as it reminded me of the slopes!

I don't mind having to use a telecabin to and from the slopes anyway, as I've had to do it at other resorts where there wasn't the option of skiing to and from the town. So Les Deux Alpes sounds good!

Thanks for the replies and if you have any other tips, feel free to send them over.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I don't mind having to use a telecabin to and from the slopes anyway, as I've had to do it at other resorts where there wasn't the option of skiing to and from the town. So Les Deux Alpes sounds good!

I've spent two weeks there sometime in the early '90s ending around about the 20th of April. While there was no snow from the resort up to Cretes from thereon up it was great. The pied moutet side was closed though. Then the last day it snowed buckets overnight and they were even opening the little drags down in town! Easter happened while we were there and while there was a bit of an influx there still wasn't any queueing.

Queues to get up either the Jandri or the red or white eggs (they still there?) in the morning weren't much of a problem either - just avoid ski school time.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
23rd April 2009 wasn't too shabby.

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Andyrew. It sounds like it's a very good option.

Great photo, Swirly!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thebronsonite, I was in LG the last week in April 2010.. same conditions as Swirly, .. on the 29th ! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thebronsonite, it is a pretty solid choice! Like Lizzard, I've been every April for the past 7 years, and never failed to pick my way back to the village. Even on the last day of the season I've been able to ski all the way down. Right at the end of the season it's a bit outward-bound on the face below the Cretes (2,100m), but the Valentin is usually navigable in some way right to the end by virtue of having snowguns on it all winter and a pistie beastie every night. In fact, unless you can shred it first-off after a nice snowfall, it's arguable that this is when it's at its best; nice and loose, and not that hideous bob-run of death on the top pitch where the imbeciles side-slip because its a bit steeper than they first thought...

Recently we seem to have benefitted from good April storms, and I have had some cracking powder days all over the mountain in the cloudless sunshine which seems to immediately follow. You watch - it'll slash down all month now I've said that. Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I shall be there for the 5th school Easter holidays running. Never had any real problems with queues or conditions. Apart from last year that is when it snowed almost every day. Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy