Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel on the One Show - disabled skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Just happened to see this this evening whilst on the phone - a nice feature of the BBC's blind reporter trying out skiing at Hemel. And fleeting cameo roles for betterinblack and I think Spud9 at the benches! Toofy Grin Must have been filmed yesterday as they did have filming going on. Will try to see if its on iplayer later as I was on the phone and couldn't hear what was being said...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 8-12-10 14:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, Seen it, Nick the Disability Snowsports Instructor is a really nice guy, does loads at the slope. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 8-12-10 9:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
was there while they were filming and a few snowHead seemed to get a cameo ! the instructor featured , Nick, does a great job with disabled skiers and if anyone would like to introduce a disabled skier to the sport he is your man!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Next Mondays gadget show is on the snow, but in Switzerland.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lets hope they got spud9's special undergarments in shot!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
betterinblack, Laughing on closer inspection I can confirm that no clothes had yet come off Toofy Grin http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wlpt6/The_One_Show_07_12_2010/ it's the first item, at about 2 mins onwards
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Nick the Disability Snowsports Instructor is a really nice guy

He gave my 14 year old daughter (also blind) her first lesson on snow. He's excellent.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sbirring, I always think you've got to have so much guts to be a blind skier - good for her! Very Happy Has she kept it up?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought it an excellent report. Nice to see a disabled presenter letting us know how a disabled person thinks about what he is doing. I thought the instructor came across very well, too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, indeed, Peter White is a decent reporter. I once accompanied him to the top of Mt Etna when he was doing a science news story for R4, it was a fun afternoon and the piece he eventually broadcast was very good.

skimottaret, has a blind client that he regularly teaches at Hemel. Quite a challenge to his teaching skills I think, but the guy seems to be making steady progress and certainly enjoys it. Inspirational.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, you shameless name dropper you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tiffin, yeah, I'm really lucky to know skimottaret wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

but the guy seems to be making steady progress and certainly enjoys it

i might be making steady progress, not sure about certainly enjoying it wink or do you mean my client Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, skimottaret, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy,
Quote:

Has she kept it up?

Yes definately Very Happy We went to Les Gets in February and she had 6 one hour private lessons with an really good instructor from ESF. By the end of the week she was snowploughing down blue runs. I'll book her another lesson with Nick in January then we are off to Les Gets again. This year she will have 6 two hour lessons, again with ESF. It's costing me a fortune but it's worth it to see the smile on her face Toofy Grin
snow report
sbirring wrote:
It's costing me a fortune but it's worth it to see the smile on her face Toofy Grin

Must be worth a million dollars! You must be so proud of her Very Happy
latest report
sbirring, i went out with a blind school to Pila last year Dorton house and you may be able to get your daughter on one of their trips. There were quite a few adaptive instructors on the week and we had lots of visually impared students and a few totally blind kids that got on real well.
latest report
skimottaret, Thanks for that info. The one trip a year with us is probably enough for her at the moment but I checked out their website and they have a program of summer events as well that I think she would love.
snow conditions
sbirring, ask for Moira she coordinated the trip to Pila and would be able to help...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy