Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent loose fitting (not super gangsta) salopettes/pants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My current north face salopettes (look very similar to the freedom ones on the NF site but mine are few years old now so might not be) are a bit small and although they've worked alright they are quite a slim cut which looks a bit silly when i'm pretty tall and skinny.

I don't really know what to look out for and was wondering whether any of the "fashionable" brands like quicksilver, animal, burton etc actually make decent stuff or just manage to make money entirely from fashion whores. Special Blend seem to make some pretty good stuff that looks like it has a decent technical spec but it's doesn't seem too easy to come by and also isn't that cheap. Anyone got any recommendations? Was thinking of sticking with insulated over shell unless anyone thinks theres a great advantage in doing otherwise. Never really got too hot with mine before and when i did the vents down the side did a good job of cooling me down.

I realise this probably isn't the best place to ask but didn't think it could hurt.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TNF Monte Cargo pants.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to the site they have the same "free" fit as the freedom ones though so they might not be any better. Would be nice if they did them in a long version as well like they do in some other models.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wouldn't say they're a slim cut:

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm fair enough. Still not sure about length though, my old ones are smalls that i got just to get the waist size right but i could get away with the medium now. They're only an inch longer though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First drop?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oakley outerwear is fanatastic and available in "loose fit". Most of it is 15/15 or higher.

I dont wear anything else now.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i desperately tried to find the previous post with this picture in, i take it your not looking for something this "Baggy"

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The quality of my Special Blend Annex (on the baggy side of loose) is good although any premium in price is design/style/features not quality. Bought from Edinburgh based shop here - : http://www.snowfusion.co.uk there using the Special Blend sizing chart. I'm tall and fairly slim and they fit well (also have a detachable snow skirt which is useful and offers extra length if necessary) with a belt.

Have had Burton, Bonfire and Salomon from places like Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham before too. They all have plenty that would fit your requirements, and I haven't found quality to be discernibly different to a TNF.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Salomon Sideways or anything loose fitting from Oakley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Westbeach and Burton have some loose fitting yet still well fitting. Also Nike ACG are good middle ground
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy