Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend Skiing Near Milan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just found out today that I will be spending Jan to April in Milan. Was there last week for a day and due to the "horrible" (for anyone that misunderstands this I am joking) constant snow I couldn't even see the mountains - apparently on a clear day there is a good view. Can anyone suggest some decent skiing that won't involve a big name resort with lots of hoorays? Am looking for something that I can take a 2 and 6 years old to so that both can have some fun (plus a wife that prefers the beach)...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few resorts in the Aosta valley that are great for weekend skiing, but they do tend to get busy at weekends for that reason. I've been to Courmayeur and La Thuile, but I reckon Pila (I've not been to that one) might be quieter
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oops sorry, got my cities mixed up, Aosta is convenient for Turin - not out of the question for Milan though
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A Lurker, will you be able to get some mid-week days off? My son is working/studying in Genoa - he's not explored the options around there yet but I suspect they're not brilliant.

Enjoy Milan! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last Feb I flew to Milan and then took the train to Aosta valley. Got an early train and was checked into the hotel and on the slopes of Courmayeur for lunch time. On the return (5 days later) we skied till mid-afternoon and got back to Milan about 9pm. All on public transport, all for less than 30euro each way. Several changes but no drama, it just broke up the trip and all ran on time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A Lurker, Try Champoluc... thats where friends living in Milan go for the weekend
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a place about an 1hr 30 away from Milian pretty good place actually small quiet although a few good runs be fine for an odd weekend! I would think! name of the place is Lavarone

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Italy/Lavarone.html

As i said its not big but it is quite good!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last season I flew into Malpensa and was in Champoluc maybe 2 hours later (at most, in a 300cc Fiat...). It's really easy to get to (turn right aiming towards Turin, right again towards snowy mountains and right again signposted Aosta valley. Lovely quiet resort, connects into Gressoney and Alagna, good choice of places to stay from swanky hotel to 16th century hamlet up the mountain accessible only by Snowcat driven by Sergio (where we stayed). Just beware the traffic heading out of the Aosta valley on Sunday afternoon as it all funnels on to one Autostrada. Champoluc also has a nice beginners area at the top of the gondola.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Monterosa resorts are pretty easy to get to, I suspect Gressoney is the closest of these. I'm told it can get busy at weekends, but I have never seen it anything like busy. I've only been a couple of times, but I have never seen a queue there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's a tiny place just up the Valsassina valley from Lecco called Bobbio. Small but ok for a quick day trip.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone skied in a place called Mottarone? Its above the western shore of Lake Maggiore so it can't be more than an hour from Milan. I've been up and looked at it in the summer, but never been in winter. It isn't big but looks like it may be ok for a day/weekend
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A Lurker, you are spoilt for choice. Can't even start. Champoluc/Gressoney a good point. loads of stuff to do.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We did Cervinia last year, the company I worked for had a milan office manned by a keen skier. Seem to remember the transfer was about 90min. Left Milan at 6am, was checked in and on the lift by 1000.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy