Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed please on what lesson package to book

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowHead , me again Little Angel

Got my accomodation and flights booked now for my first skiing holiday and need to decide on what lesson package to book. Although I'm going on holiday with a friend, my friend isn't going to be doing any skiing and I'm worried about being lonely or bored or too scared to do anything as I've not been on snow before Embarassed Sad (I've been skiing on dry slopes twice weekly for 4 months and am doing pretty well).

Whats the normal for beginners to book? How likely am I to meet people I can ski with?

Thanks in advance

Millie x
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Group lessons. Depending on how deep your pockets are you can enquire about a smaller group. Either all day lessons or half day, then do your own thing, usually with other members of the group.

If you let us know where you're going there will be someone who can offer more specific advice on schools or instructors.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Millie10, wot Dr John said - and I agree that chances are that you'll meet up with someone in your lessons who'll be very happy to ski with you when you're not having your classes. Could you'll also meet up with a fellow beginner in your accommodation, too. Skiers are a friendly bunch - I am sure you'll have fun. Good luck, and welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. I'm going to Morzine
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Millie10, any sort of group learn to ski week offered is usally a good bet , as you will be with six or so people in the same boat, therefore having loads in common, and any good ski school will move you up or down according to progress , but try and give youself a day at least at the end of your holiday to ski with new freinds etc , but without instructor, to judge your "real" progress.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Millie10, I'd suggest you contact BASS http://www.britishskischool.com/morzine/ Tell them about the skiing you've been doing already - you won't need to go in a completely beginner course, which would be very boring for you. You'll find skiing on snow much nicer - but a completely new place, which will seem pretty daunting at first, does make life difficult unless you're in lessons.

BASS are more expensive than schools such as the ESF (French school) but they have smaller groups and the tuition will probably be a bit more focussed - I had lessons with them some time ago, in Les Gets, as did various other people in our group, at different levels. We were all very happy - investment in top quality lessons is really worth it.

It's your friend who's going to have a boring holiday. wink

Please come back and tell us how it went. When are you off?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you Pam Smile I'm going mid January and I'm stupidly excited!!! lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'm stupidly excited!

only way to be.... wink Good time to go, should be really quiet, though possibly a little chilly. Still, better than New Year which is stupid expensive, stupid quiet, very short days and not so likely to have good snow as a few weeks later.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remember if you are booking half day lessons make them early morning ones as you will then be able to lunch with and get to know your new friends over a drink or two. You can then hit the slopes together and have the best time of your life.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy