Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short midweek ski holiday in early Feb??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for solving this ski holiday problem.

My fiancee and I are hoping to go on a short skiing honeymoon. It being a honeymoon, we are prepared to spend a bit of money on it (budget maybe £2K for flights and accommodation for 4 nights). But we are also quite limited in when we can go and how long for (we are leaving a small daughter with her grandma). We can only really go for 4 nights and we can't set off any earlier than Monday 12 Feb. Since the following Saturday is the start of half-term week, I'm guessing we'd be best off out of the Alps by then.

It seems that booking independently would be the way to go since - from what I can see - very few tour operators offer anything other than Saturday to Saturday. Or am I missing something? Any advice on how best to find a hotel that accepts short stays?

Most importantly, does anyone have a recommendation for a resort good to ski at that time of year? We are both intermediate skiers so would like a decently sized skiing area, but we won't be tackling black runs or going off-piste. My main concern is that the slopes will be packed, and not a recipe for a romantic time, so somewhere on the quieter side would be ideal. Short travelling time, a pretty village and some nice-but-friendly restaurants are also high priorities. Is this an impossible wish list?!

Hopefully this is the first of many posts...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry I meant Monday 14 Feb.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks Good value short breaks - prices inclusive of transfers and catered chalet accommodation. Any day arrival!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd consider trying to book through independently for St.Anton. It is a beautiful village with just the right level of piste for you. very chocolate boxy with decent apres and decent restaurants....
perfect for a honeymoon (can't find the nudge, nudge smiley) wink wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whilst I love Mountainsun / les Melezes as much as the next snowHead , I would not recommend it (nor really Tignes as a resort) for a honeymoon.

I would suggest Zermatt (thought travel time is a bit more it's OK if you use the train as the Swiss rail system is very very good), or maybe Murren, Wengen or St Anton.

You are more likely to find midweek availability in countries other than France.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

You are more likely to find midweek availability in countries other than France

Agreed - austria sounds a better bet, not just because of mid week accommodation (which can be done in France with private owners rather than big places) but because it's the French half term holiday and whilst some people are stuck with school holidays it's madness to go to France in school holiday time if you don't have to.

I agree Tignes is not very romantic PLUS it'll be busy. (People will no doubt leap into print to assure you that there are places in France without huge queues, which is true, but it's still not the best bet when you have loads of choice).

Personally, I'd try to find something in the Dolomites because it's so stunningly beautiful.

But you're right about booking independently.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice! I agree about the Dolomites, we had a great week a few years ago at Alpe di Siusi and skied the Sella Ronda a couple of times, but keen to try somewhere new this time. St Anton looks a bit too much of a busy party town - perhaps for the stag do rather than the honeymoon?! But I'll certainly check out the Swiss options mentioned above. Zermatt had crossed my mind. Also thinking about Lech.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NoWaffle, As a Travel ski Guru once said to me there is only one place in Europe to spend your honeymoon and it just has to be St Christoph in the Arlberg. Chocolate box Chic springs to mind with all the skiing you could ask for.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NoWaffle, For a honeymoon I will say,,,, Mürren,,,,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went to Champoluc with Ski2 a couple of years ago and I would recommend them. Breaks of any duration, quick transfer from Turin and we had champagne in the private taxi vehicle too!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Champoluc and Ski2. But the key here is "midweek". At the weekend it is full of day trippers from Turin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy