Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cham Jan 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum but heard this was a great place to come and get advice!

3 mates and I are headed to Chamonix on Jan 7th - 15th 2011 and I am looking into what to do during our week.

I was wondering what the best itinerary would be and which days to ski where - i.e where to ski first and what to leave til last.

Has anyone got any inside info on what not to miss etc?

We are going with UCPA Cham but with no instruction or guiding so that we can go and explore for ourselves.

Thanks in advance Smile

Elliott
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First off, try and get your passes sorted before your first skiing day, so if you are early enough visit the montenvers office.
Most people start their holiday with a day at Le Tour, its the easiest of the valley areas but still has fantastic off piste, and no glaciers to worry about. The next day head up to the Brevent/Flegere. Third day head for Grands Montets this is the big daddy, be sure to get at least one run from the very top, book a bin the day before. Now you are going well do the vallee blanche, get on an organised trip, if its not yet open then maybe a trip to courmayer. By now you have tasted all the valleys resorts so go back to where ever you enjoyed best. A day with a guide is well worth it even if the vb is closed.

Welcome to snowheads

Lots more tips here
http://www.chamonet.com/ski-areas/chamonix-for-skiing-and-snowboarding.htm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy