Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Y Glyderau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
or more dumb things done in Wales.

Half ten on Friday night found us unpacking the car in a field somewhere between Capel Curig and Betws-Y-Coed.

DPP_0398 by Swirly2006, on Flickr

Our home for the weekend

DPP_0402 by Swirly2006, on Flickr

We were prepared to make the most of the facilities

DPP_0403 by Swirly2006, on Flickr

Although collecting water was an interesting excursion

DPP_0404 by Swirly2006, on Flickr

Up at six am and into the hills by seven

Tryfan West Face by Swirly2006, on Flickr

Our target for the day

Llyn Idwal and Clogwyn-Y-Geifr by Swirly2006, on Flickr

Pitch 3 of the stream and the snow arrived in spades

DPP_0409 by Swirly2006, on Flickr

The easy upper slopes

DPP_0415 by Swirly2006, on Flickr

More of the same on Sunday, it was pretty warm though and the ice at the bottom was very soft, about a foot of snow at the top of the gullies which was still fairly unconsolidated but hopefully the next cold period should sort that out. From looking at it another decent snowfall or two and banana gulley might be ridable. Pretty good for early December though. Sorry about the poor quality of some photos, hard to focus in pitch dark.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Sorry about the poor quality of some photos, hard to focus when I'm pissed out of my tree.

Fixed.

Looks like you made the most of some outstanding conditions.

Sorry we missed you guys. None of us had any phone reception all weekend. Snowdon pics to follow if any of them are any good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
good stuff swirly, keen to get into banana gulley this year if there is enough snow....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swirly, Great trip report fella... and there was me coughing and sneezing all weekend Evil or Very Mad The stream is a lovely day out and gives you plenty of mileage.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice one Gaz, yea Sunday was a bit warmer, I was on a MR team exercise in Idwal, you may have seen a load of people in red jackets rigging a 200m guideline for a stretcher lower from Devils Kitchen to 100m or so below 'The Curtain'.

I have a fair bit of midweek time available between now and Xmas for climbing, mountaineering and skiing or a mix of all 3 if people are in the same boat.
Just give me a call.

Yesterday was blue sky and feeling very cold, today its grey, plain and simple, still cold and fresh snow on the hills with more forecast this week.

Im out for a ski on Thursday in the Ogwen area and will post some pics on the Welsh snow report thread.

Bye for now
Mark
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know why people keep calling me Gaz?????

mark handford, we spoke to a few of your team as we were descending as you were heading up. We had considered doing the Devil's Drainpipe but decided it looked like it would quite happily have fallen down on us so ended up doing some mixed route instead.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy