Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year's Week Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm a 28 year old female intermediate skier, happy skiing any runs including black's when I try and push myself or leisurely greens and blues when I fancy a relaxing afternoon!
I usually ski with friends, but in recent seasons they have all been strapped for cash / holidays etc, so I'm looking to find a travel buddy of a ski group to join!!
Don't mind where I ski as long as there is a good selection of runs and a decent apres ski scene!! Have been to Austria and France previously.
I'd be travelling from the South East.
I'm on holiday 18th Dec to 4th Jan so can go anytime in that period for any duration, however am really looking to go over the NYE week so 26th / 27th Dec for 7 days.
Let me know if you are a solo skier looking for a ski buddy or a group looking for a sociable extra!!
Melanie
xx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Melanie,

I'm 31, been on 5 hoildays, have skiied reds (black once or twice) but prefer blues and leisurely greens!
My friends that ski are all skint/away or having babies so I too am looking for a buddy. I favour the French resorts and know someone who manages a Bar In Val Thorens (always handy!) and I'm up for good apres.
I'd quite like to be away for NY but probs wouldnt want to go until 28th/29th. I'm a teacher so am on hols until the 4th too. Another option would be February half term...

Email me if any of this sounds like a plan!!
I've messaged you my email address

Thanks, Anna
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Anna!
Thanks for your reply!
That sounds great to me. I'm happy going around the 28th / 29th, as probably should spend some time with the relatives!! Also I have seen a few places doing trips 28th Dec - 4th Jan. Or Feb half term is an option, but would need to rearrange my hols with work as currently have the back end of Feb booked off, but it's probably doable.

Although I am itching to go skiing, so would love to go away for New Year!!

Happy with France and any Resort! Think I went to Val Thorens about 6 yrs ago

For some reason I can't see your PM?!?!! I tried sending one, but not sure it went?!
Mel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone else keen on skiing over New Year?!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am for sure - only problem is i need to be back on the 5th Jan latest. Im also having difficulty finding operators that will offer (ideally) tuesday to tuesday trips. Let me know if you find anything!
Guy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Melezes claims to have availability from 27th December for 7 nights. http://www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/chalet-hotel-les-melezes/availability

I am in no way affiliated with the operation but I do know plenty of snowHeads have had sucessful trips there, myself included.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DoubleG, it's very, very, unusual to find what you're looking for. Les Melezes is a good bet - I'd grab that now, if I were you (I have no connection with them either, but have stayed there and found it good VFM).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AMAZING!! Thanks guys - just what i was looking for. Expensive (when you include the flights) but thats skiing over NY i suppose!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DoubleG, i've found a few places that do offer from the 27th or the 28th. Some of them actually cheaper than Mountain sun, I've sent some info to jonesy79, to see if she fancies, i know there are a few people (blokes and girls) on the forum who have responded to my post & want to be away for the new year, so perhaps we could even see if we could get a group of us together.

DoubleG, did you book with mountain sun?

I have noticed that the flights are a lot cheaper if go the 27th or 28th rather than the 26th (which most co's are running)

Mel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did anything come of this thread?
I'm looking for a few days over New Year, possibly 28th to the 3rd but finding the flights very expensive.
David
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Inghams have 5 single rooms in a B&B in Seefeld, flying into Innsbruck on the 28th for the week. I think it works out at £440 inc. the single supplement. I'm tempted, but as a single skier, it would be good if a few other singles were interested.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi All

Feeling impulsive and want to get away this NY. Struggling to find friends to go for the usual reasons. Happy to go anywhere.
I am 32 (single man) boarder, based in London. Easy going and looking to have fun both on and off the slopes. Let me know if you are interested. Flexible on dates but need to ge back in London by the 8th Jan as will be flying out on the 9th Jan on another ski holiday with friends (a bit over the top i know wink).

Happy to do some research on last minute offers if no concrete plans are set.

Taz
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Inghams also have the Harfenwirt in Niederau-Oberau : half board / single rooms / 7 nights from the 28th / £664.
I would prefer 4 or 5 days but 7 would be ok. And interested in any other alternatives.
I'm an intermediate skier, lots of experience but not as much skill! 60 years but act 40. If that fits with anybody on this thread, please get in touch.
David
david@e-Felstead.net
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy