Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sport village soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

we are off to the sport village and soldeu on january 9th.... just wondering who's been there? we've never done Andorra before so are after any tips/suggestions....
Does anybody know if you get a ski locker at the sport village? or do you need to hire one by the gondolla, i think the sport village is right next to the gondolla station............
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
General info on Andorra in this thread recently, http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1634769&highlight=andorra#1634769

Suggest you get helmets, loads of people with no idea what they're doing in Andorra.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cbowls30, long time since i were there, but there's a huge roomful of lockers in the gondola station (but you are right beside it as you say, so maybe not even worth using the lockers)

good spot, there used to be a bistro type place run by an Elvis impersonator who skis about the hill during the day in the Vegas gear handing out fliers Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that, we've actually purchased helmets for the first time this season!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice hotel, the gondola leaves from the side of it. The ski lockers are free and just up a corridor to the gondola. you can ski right back to some lifts that bring you back to the hotel as well as a bar next door.
I really liked the ski area and so did my wife who was on her 2nd week skiing.
We also done a snowmobile excursion that was superb
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cbowls30,The gondola leaves from just below the hotel and as a guest you get a free locker but may have to share it as they are designed for 5, having said that 9th Jan won't be too crowded. Very nice hotel I have not stayed there but used to eat there 2 times a week, good food. Great area to ski, I'll be there after the crowds go on the 8th or 9th. Jan.
barry,
It is a long time since you were there, Elvis left the E'skiador Bistro about 8 or 9 years ago, he worked as an instructor for 5 years after he qualified. He now lives down here in Spain only about half a km from me and runs a mountain bike excursion company in the summer. He still does a weekly trip to Soldeu and performs in the Aspen and the Villager pub (or did last year) I saw him last week and he was not too sure what would transpire this season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its also great to go for a beer on the terraces next to the gondola and watch all the people falling down the black run "avet"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice hotel, Stonking breakfast, I was the Brit abroad who had a fry up every morning the week I was there!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dypcdiver, ya, reckon it was 98/99-ish. Reckon he could do a great business teaching (a la married by Elvis in Vegas!!). Think he was a cockney too IIRC?? Shocked

Fond memories, we stayed in the hotel piolets down the road, a fellow countryman (Irish) we met on the first night's pub crawl we met again on the early coach down to Toulouse on the way home, not having seen him on the hill all week - he had broken his leg when he slipped on some ice on his way back to the digs from first nights crawl!! Neeldess to say he remained hammered all trip and reported he had had an absolute ball!!

the coach excursion into the city was worth the effort one afternoon, browse round the shops and a spa or whatever it is for the missus
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry, For the record Elvis (Rob) got married to Mandy (also a ski instructor in Soldeu) in Vagas. Elvis is from the Wirral.

Pleased you had a good time, can't help but feel that the area is under rated by people who have never been there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been skiing in Soldeu almost every year since 1986, a freind has an apartment there so we could get 3wks in Andorra for the price of one in the alps.
Anyone who rates Andorra by their visit back in the 80's and has not been back since will see none of the decrepit lift system left, Its almost all high speed quad and 6man chairs or gondolas, now linked with Pas De La Casa there's ~200km of piste.
Its still rated as a beginner/intermediate resort so the red and black runs are virtually deserted, it's great to carve a freshly groomed red from top to bottom without anyone in the way to disrupt the flow.
The downside is that EVERYTHING gets pisted, blacks included so there are no really challenging pistes, the resort would be much beter if they would leave just one or two of the blacks to go natural, though there is quite a lot of "safe" offpiste that lasts quite well after a dump before being tracked out.
Though the skiing has vastly improved I quite miss the irresponsibility and village atmosphere of the 80's where you could tell whether it was a weekday or weekend by the shape of the lift queues. During the week the skiers were about 90% british and the lift queues were long snakes of two by two and everyone joined the queue at the back, come the weekend and many of the brits were on transfer or shopping and skiers were 90% French/Spanish, the lift queues were fan shaped as everyone pushed in at the front and only those that could push the hardest got on the lift!.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tangowaggon, Not so loud, we are trying to keep it to ourselves. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Dypcdiver,
We've probably met, I remember Ric the fossil when he had hair and it was the same colour as mine!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tangowaggon, For sure we have met, Rick and Gail will not be in Andorra this season as they have decided to spend the winter in France. My first skiing in Andorra was 1976, there have been a few changes since!!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a chance to go there in Jan 2011. Previously I've skied at big name French resorts mainly - Three Valleys, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Grands Massif, Portes Du Soleil etc. I've done about 8 weeks of skiing so I'm a confident intermediate skier. Will Soldeu provide enough entertainment for me?

I'd be going with two novices, so could spend some of each day going round some easier stuff with them probably.

I'm prepared to give it a go; it's a new resort for me.
snow conditions
tomstickland, let us know how you got on. I'm always really interested to know how people rate GV against the big French stuff.
ski holidays
entering this chat a bit late but we have stayed there a couple of times 3-4 years back. was quite good then. large rooms, good food and plenty of space in the bar for a few drinks afterwards
can be a bit pricey for andorra but in many ways worth it as very close to the gondolla
latest report
cbowls30, cbowls30,

Are you getting ready for tomorrow then lol, just a reminder that we will be at the area map at the top of the lift station around 1.00pm on monday, just look for pink and blue helmets lol
cheers Martrin
latest report
Dypcdiver,

Where does Rob (ex-Andorran Elvis) work now? What's the name of his business in Spain? Trying to get hold of him. Thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy