Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to eat and drink in Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We're driving to Les Menuires on Jan 8th for a week and are looking for any recommendations for places to eat and drink in the area as we've never been before. I'm fully aware that this is not the liveliest resort in the 3 Valleys but are there any nice places to have an apres ski beer/vin chaud?
We are staying at the Le Hameau Des Airelles appartments - anyone stayed here?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Chris snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coxy84, Up in Reberty Villages is La Ferme which has a very nice restaurant and bar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have an excellent guide called "24 hours in Les Menuires" have a look at it. It provides plenty of restaurants, pistes, apres-ski and bars plus lots more for you to read about.
http://www.loveskiing.co.uk/reviews/france/les-menuires/

I have been to Les Menuires 3 times now, it's one of my favourite resorts in the Alps, I'm sure you will love it!!!

Cheers

Jim
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris

We own one of the apartments! The apartments are 4 years old and are pretty well equiped. The Pool, sauna, steam room and gym are great. It is a bit of a hike to the main resort (about 1km), but its all downhill on the way back - a good way to walk off a big meal Very Happy The free bus goes from the end of the apartment access road though.

There are a few decent places in and around Les M, including a good Pizza restaurant right next to the apartments, which also does take away. Pizza's are great and the staff are very friendly - you can also order and collect bread, quasants etc. from them in the mornings. Other places we like - The Pizza place in Croissette next to Interhome, best pizza in Les M. There is also a really good traditional restaurant just along the mall from that, can't remember the name but it is owned by the people who used to run Au Coin du Feu, fantastic steaks. La Bouitte in St Martin is superb, but expensive. They will pick you up though. We also like La Grange in Croissette, downstairs near the Inter Sport and La marmite de Geant in Bruyeres is also very good.
For Apre ski drinks we always stop at the L'Oisans, which is at the bottom of the slopes near the Les Menuires chair, great terrace, good beer, good Hot chocolate and Vin Chaud, and their food is pretty good if you're hungry. L’ Etoile is also good if you want to stop before you get to the bottom. They have an excellent reputation for food, but we've not tried them yet - must do that at New year Very Happy
I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time, we love having les Menuires as a base to explore the 3V.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I have been to Les Menuires 3 times now, it's one of my favourite resorts in the Alps, I'm sure you will love it!!!

I can never understand why it gets such a slagging off. I've spent in excess of 7 weeks there, I think its one of the best places to get around from and usually much cheaper than elsewhere in the 3V.

Quote:

The Pizza place in Croissette next to Interhome, best pizza in Les M.

weedram, is that the place that used to be called "Le Tremplin"? I looked for it on the les menuires website but couldn't find it. It always used to be a great favourite with us.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyrew, I agree with you in part, in that the skiing there is very good. Problem is, and the cause of almost all of the criticism, is that it's butt clenchingly ugly, and I say that as someone who doesn't care too much what the places look like (Tignes, La Plagne etc). Approaching the main central bit (Croisette?) last March with my American friend (skiing in Europe for the first time), and we were both horrified. His comment was "Soviet brutalism", which I found difficult to argue with.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies! I'm really not worried about what the resort looks like to be honest although from what I've seen online it doesn't look half as bad as some people make out! Thanks for your link Jim and your detailed reply wedram - I'll be printing those and taking them along with me ;o)

I'm really looking forward to exploring Les Menuires and the further 2 valleys - roll on 2011!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry I'm a bit late to this - I'll second the pizza place at la Croisette in les Menuires - very good pizza and extremely good value but try Reberty 2000 - La Ferme for lunch - it's really good food and very reasonable. You can also have a vin chaud at the sun loungers up there and watch the world ski past for a bit. Great skiing here - you will love it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy