Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bern Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was out looking for helmets this weekend and after realising my head was both large and unusually shaped I happened upon the Bern Baker which fitted quite snugly.

I have two questions for anyone with knowledge of these.

1. These come in two flavours, Hardhat and EPS and the blurb for these is:

"Available as a Hard Hat with a burly ABS shell with multiple-impact soft Brock® foam or as a helmet with ABS shell and EPS hard foam. EPS hard foam meets ASTM F 2040 and EN 1077B standards for snow and ski, CPSC and EN 1078 standards for bike and skate. Hard Hats with Brock soft foam do not meet the standards for action sport head protection."

Does this essentially mean the hardhat is OK for skiing and can take a few knocks but if you are falling off a cliff onto your head you really need the EPS?

2. Is the fit the same for both flavours?

thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello tiffin,

The EPS is a helmet that has been designed to pass ALL the relevant CE marked certificates for wintersport use. By doing this it is the classic (can only be dropped once from waiste height, then you have to get a new one etc) protocol.
The HardHat is simply designed to be used LOTS and used in several light impacts with scuffs on boxes or rails in the park or of course the falls in the deeper powder. For that reason it is why the Eric Pollard Pro model is a Hard Hat and not an EPS.

We stock both types of helmet and i would say that they both fit the same.

Let us know if you need any assitance with getting hold of one Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tiffin, Have you tried POC, great helmets....................well worth a look before you take the plunge. I have been in Giro's for years and needed a change after a big fall last year and am well pleased with it. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah I like the POCs and tried a few on but they didn't seem to fit as well, its a shape thing Sad

So EPS vs Hardhat - Both are ok but one is more of a park lid and the EPS is for hooning it around. Both are probably better than nothing Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EPS is a proper helmet (although really proper ones are EPP), hardhat is a gimick for park rats taking small impacts frequently.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy