Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

soft touring

Poster: A snowHead
you heard it here first (well second really)
my new idea is to combine skiboards with snowboard bindings/boots. this has been done before with salomon snowblades, but with better skiboards i think it may just work. Revel8 are doing a snowboard binding interface now so i will be purchasing this and having yet more fun on skiboards.
soft touring will use snowshoes for ascents (wearing snowboard boots) and then using the skiboards/snowboard binding combo for descents.
i doubt i will get this sorted for 2011 season but its deffo gonna happen in 2012 season. will take the next 12 months to fine tune my kit
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this is the binding interface

snowboard bindings would fit directly to the boards but the Revel8 kit will act as a riser. i will use a booster strap as a power strap, so effectively the snowboard boot will become the liner with the binding becoming the boot. makes sense to me
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. GAY. Sorry had to get that out the way wink

2. Surely snowboard boots are too soft flexing sideways - when you try and edge surely the boots will just flex instead of transmitting the movement to the blades?

3.Why not just put ski touring bindings/boots on them?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^^^^^^ what he said. Especially point 1.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
usual numpty replies.
if i wanted to put ski touring bindings on them i would, been there and done that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting subject, can't wait for any videos you might post to prove that it'll be worth hiking a line to ski it on skiboards!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm, I know someone who regularly tried to go off-piste on his SnowBlades/Skiboards. Hiked up too. Sank up to his neck in fresh powder and got himself a real pair of skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i have never sank in powder on my boards, so not an issue
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
graeme, he was a bit of a lardy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
a fat lad on snowblades, say no more
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A bit of a daft question perhaps, but what is the difference between a skiboard and a snowblade or Bigfoot? Puzzled

Oops! I meant "skiboard" of course and not "snowboard"...... (edited)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 5-12-10 22:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
a snowboard is 1 item strapped to both feet, blades/bigfeet are like skis, but much shorter
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How would you set a boot pack in soft boots? Find it really helps to dig my toes to get a decent hold especially when it's firm.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scotia, carefully
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Why add the snowshoe element, it just adds weight and complicates things. You can already purchase miniski/softboot setups for snowboard touring and nothing stops anyone from skiing down on these. So what you are proposing exists. The reason people strap a board on for the descent is that skiing on snowboard boots would be limiting as to the terrain you could handle.

Regarding bootpacking, you can fit a crampon to soft boots but there have been a number of accidents where bootpacking boarders have slid to injuries and death.

I won't be investing in you, I'm out.
snow report
davidof, Regarding bootpacking, you can fit a crampon to soft boots but there have been a number of accidents where bootpacking boarders have slid to injuries and death.

What I've been saying for ages, not till you find yourself in a situation do you realise how ineffective soft boots are - hence I went soft AT boots and hard binding setup on the board and approach skis with Dynafit front binding - that said sold it all last week - my snowboard touring days are over, too much hassle compared to skis - but over the years did have some great trips!
snow report
graeme wrote:
usual numpty replies.
if i wanted to put ski touring bindings on them i would, been there and done that.

Dude, 2 and 3 are genuine questions!
ski holidays
Davidof, no other reason than i want to. I am aware of what others do but want to do this. I like snowshoes so why not. Why follow what others are doing. It will be fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy