Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructor Training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here on Snowheads.

Im planning to go away for a while and train to become a ski instructor and to work as part of the snow patrol. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences or suggestions of which companies are good that i can go and train with.

Hope this is the correct forum to post this into.

Thanks,
Luke
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did a four week course wit Peak Leaders that I really enjoyed, and worked very well for me. I gather in the last few years that (on that particular course anyway) a few things went a bit pete tong though.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 5-12-10 18:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are many different options available and a lot of it depends on what your current skiing ability is. Are you good enough to go straight for your exams?

If not, then a 10 week course may be an option to consider. These have the added benefit of almost everything being arranged for you. All you need to do is turn up with some spending money and skis. Our sister school in Verbier runs a very successful instructor training course, www.altitude-futures.com.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
luke.johnson, we run one day pre basi assessments at Hemel snowdome to see where you are at before signing up for exams or multi week courses

http://www.insideoutskiing.com/instructor.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am I be over cynical in wondering why someone with a link to a ski instructor (albeit they've managed to type it wrong, you just can't get decent spammers anymore) is asking this sort of question Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
luke.johnson wrote:
Im planning to go away for a while and train to become a ski instructor and to work as part of the snow patrol.

If your intention is to work for the ski patrol, then you probably don't need to do Instructor training. Perhaps better to get a high level of first aid training and get a job in resort rescue.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
luke.johnson, welcome to Snowheads.

What's your background? ie. where are you from, how much have you skiied, where do you want to work in the future, is it something you want to do in your gap year or do you want to make a full career of it?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
luke.johnson, You would be as well looking at the BASP website and looking at their dedicated ski patrollers development and training options, certianally a huge amount cheaper than going down the Instructor training route if its a patrollers job you actually want.

If you do actually want to be an instructor than maybe you should look at doing some work with an instructor at a local snow dome or dry slope before you think about booking a course, and thyen I would suggest that maybe doing your BASI 1 qualification at a UK snowdome may be far far cheaper than a mulitweek course overseas, but then everything depends on two things:

Your actual skiing ability currently
and your available budget.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

· When faced with a new physical challenge, women need to process the required skills more thoroughly than men
· To attempt new levels women need to feel very confident with pre-existing skills
· Women are naturally nurturing and encouraging to each other where as men will use testosterone to encourage development in each other

On second thoughts I think you may live under a bridge and have a liking for goats Sad Sad

edit: should have read Colins post Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B wrote:
Am I be over cynical in wondering why someone with a link to a ski instructor (albeit they've managed to type it wrong, you just can't get decent spammers anymore) is asking this sort of question Twisted Evil

no, I thought the same but CBA
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy