Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Never let your reps write your ads

Poster: A snowHead
Or you might end up with the 'P-word' slipping in.

Major oops.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure what's so bad about that... staff have far worse ways of describing thier paying guests:-)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sah, you want to be described as a punter?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could've been worse.. it could have been replaced with a 'c' Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never call your Customers, Punters, because one day you will slip up and call them Pustomers or the other way round...... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Like I said, there are worse things to be called. I don't object particularly, and I am certain I've slipped up in the past and used the term in front of guests and lived to tell the tale:-o
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a rubbish ad despite the punter thing. Why emphasise HAPPY like that? Makes me think it's a fib. If they said "X% of customers rebook every year" it would be more meaningful. And the picture doesn't depict what a Ski Peak hol is all about so a wasted opportunity. Finally, when someone urges me to "find out why" my natural inclination is to do the opposite. So, the crime is a rubbish ad. Your sincerely, Mr P Unter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No one believes that "98% of all customers" stuff anymore.

They obviously deliberately chose to use the word punter because some Hoxton Halfwit decided to "shock" by doing so. And note the choice of image, jibber on twin tips. Going after a new market?

And it's worked. They may not have achieved "trial" but they've generated "brand awareness" in the punter who posted the OP.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's so bad about being called a punter? Are you not punters? I always wondered what sort of person bothers writing into Points of view. I guess the OP is that sort of person.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I can confidently say that 98% of potential customers don't understand the punter connotation wink

based on talking to 3 of my mates down the pub, one of them had actually thought about going skiing once
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To be honest it works for me. I am a punter and I am tired of the usual pap adverts. Some folk need to take a chill pill and relax. Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B wrote:
Quote:

I can confidently say that 98% of potential customers don't understand the punter connotation wink

Huh?

Do you actually know anybody who wouldn't?

I would be utterly amazed if the percentage weren't somewhere near the exact reverse of what you suggest.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Eh? What connotation? Puzzled Forgive my ignorance but is there some rhyming slang or similar I've not heard of?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyph, same..... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
having spent £500, £1000 or whatever on a holiday each wouldn't you rather be regarded as customers, wouldn't that give you a little more confidence that you were going to get great customer service. On the other hand if you were going to your local bookies to put £5 each way on the favourite at Doncaster...
snow conditions
Quick search....

A British, Australian and Hiberno (Irish) English colloquial term for a paying guest or customer, especially
* a patron of a public house
* a patron of a brothel
* a customer of a prostitute
* a gambler, particularly an amateur betting on horse racing or a player in the game of Baccarat
* a beginner skier or snowboarder, especially one with particularly bad style
* a speculator in the stock market

------------
Hands up if you can do a heli with cross and grab
latest report
I agree with Bode Swiller, the capitalising of HAPPY is such rubbish that any other aspect of the ad pales into insignificance. I wouldn't care one way or the other about the "punters".
snow report
Colin B wrote:
Quote:

based on talking to 3 of my mates down the pub, one of them had actually thought about going skiing once

Quote:
Huh?

Do you actually know anybody who wouldn't?

I would be utterly amazed if the percentage weren't somewhere near the exact reverse of what you suggest.

ffs alex_heney you are a septic and I claim my £5, irony, heard of it Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

you are a septic

Laughing
snow conditions
is that some kind of rhyming slang?
snow conditions
Septic tank = yank
Billy Bunter = punter

Heard any good billy jokes?
ski holidays
sounds like the 'chill pills' ARE in short supply. Anyone out there like skiing? NehNeh
ski holidays
He's not a happy punter:

snow report
laundryman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
laundryman, Don't you just love it. Michael Vaughan's quote in the Sunday Times made me laugh. "The problem is they don't have a plan L". The ECB have asked the ICB to expunge all runs scored against Australia from the record books as its just toooooo easy. Laughing
ski holidays
As far as I'm aware, 'punter' started as a perjorative term for those betting on horse races with no little regard to form and conditions. A 'punt' is a bet placed on the basis that the horse with a wooden leg and a blind jockey has the same name as your mother in law.

Hence punters are those taking a chance on doubtful stuff.

On that basis the boss of the holiday aoutfit is presenting himself as a wide boy clad in Hush Puppies, a pork pie hat and a sheepskin coat with pockets that bulge with rolls of banknotes obtained from unwitting punters.

Or possibly they are caliming a clientelle composed of those who push flat bottomed boats around Cambridge with poles (harder than it looks according to my dad).
ski holidays
Quote:

Or possibly they are caliming a clientelle composed of those who push flat bottomed boats around Cambridge with poles (harder than it looks according to my dad).

That would be because they satnd at the wrong end of the punt in cambridge wink
ski holidays
This is now the MOST BORING thread of the week................snooooooze. Skullie
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't have been written by any seasonnaire I know - it would have read '22 years of b****y punters'.
latest report
HI I HAPPEN TO BE 'THE REP' THAT WROTE THE AD

My golly gosh what a response! What can I say - having worked in Vaujany for Ski Peak for seven season I obviously do have a lot to learn on the ad front! Thanks for all the feedback.

I also happen to be the rep that reads all the GUEST questionnaires so I could reveal to you all the % of said 'gamblers on shady bets or pushers of flat bottomed boats' that return 'HAPPY' each year, however it seems that too would be a bad tactic.

For the 'crime' of writing a bad ad- I apologise, stand corrected and will endeavour to 'try harder'. Smile

This is what I will take with me into the next ad:

1) NEVER insult your customers in a google banner ad - (bookings have in fact been shocking ever since)
2) NEVER use a stock google image of a skier. I will try to get one of the reps this season to do a 360 and animate that.
3) HAPPY is a bad word - any suggestions?
4) NEVER use capitals... ooops!

So, bearing this in mind please look out for my up-dated ad on website near you...

What I DO know is that we have the best pre-season snow in 50 years- surely that is enough to make most ski punters happy, whichever google ad you click on?

Happy season chaps!

T[/table]
ski holidays
Tom-Ski, congratulation for 'fessing up. I bet your pre-season snow is being washed away, even as I type. Have a good one, though.
ski holidays
pam w cheers! Yes indeed it is raining here today. The locals set off a big avalanche at the chute where you come into the village this morning, so we were briefly cut off. Hopefully the rain here at 1220m is snow a little higher though wink
snow conditions
Tom-Ski, I like it - nice and informal. It wouldn't bother me being referred to as a punter. Obviously I would take offence at being described as happy.
snow report
alan empty wrote:
Tom-Ski, I like it - nice and informal. It wouldn't bother me being referred to as a punter. Obviously I would take offence at being described as happy.

Totally agree, punter yes, "HAPPY" (sic) not always.
ski holidays
Tom-Ski, do you provide one of these with every booking?

I guess that's where the punter bit comes in...
ski holidays
Tom-Ski wrote:
HI I HAPPEN TO BE 'THE REP' THAT WROTE THE AD

What I DO know is that we have the best pre-season snow in 50 years

Do you actually believe this or is it just more advertising Puzzled
snow conditions
stewart woodward, YES - this is without doubt the case. I am 34 years old so can't remember the last 50 years, of course. But for 22 years Ski Peak has been here and never seen anything like it. I have been in Vaujany the past three weeks and this information has been gathered over a couple of Pastis with the locals (most of whom have been here hundreds of years!) The above proves I am not very good at advertising, so...

Anyway, it's the same across the Alps it would appear, so if you are headed out early, you'll be fortunate wherever you go. Smile
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing good on you Tom-Ski snowHead
ski holidays
Tom-Ski, I think you'll find Stewart lives in Tignes so he probably has some idea too wink

I hope you're right, I arrive in Tignes this evening.
snow conditions
Quote:

Not sure what's so bad about that... staff have far worse ways of describing thier paying guests:-)

Such as the Aircrew who brought you there.

SLF

(Self Loading Freight)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy