Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier from Le Châble

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am travelling to Verbier from Geneva this friday afternoon, so will be taking the train to Le Châble by the looks of things. from there, it would be the usual thing to take the post bus, but it seems that this might not run yet, or may finish running before I arrive in Le Châble.

Can any snowheads recommend alternative ways to get from Le Châble to Verbier?

Thanks! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skibomb, The gondola ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski lift?

Won't the gondola be open then?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never having taken this lift, not sure how practical/easy with ski bag and other gear in tow?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skibomb, You might find this thread useful. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=42320
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Should be do-able, they are pretty big cabins and shouldn't be busy in the afternoon. However, if there is more than one of you a taxi might be more convenient, but I confess I don't know the price of a taxi or a single ride on the gondola, but it's worth checking both options.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
60 chf for a taxi 1 way. So steep compared to gondola or bus.

If you are skiing definitely get your area pass in le chable when you arrive, covers the le chable to verbier gondola. the gondola shuts at 7:30 pm. Hours are in the following link:-
http://www.verbier-hiver.ch/horaires.html
The gondola leaves from across the street from the train station and you can buy area passes there too. You will arrive in medran in Verbier. If you have far to go from here there are regular buses around verbs.

The gondola are comfortably 4 people sitting and the seats go up to make more room for cases etc. If you only want one trip up it will be about 10 chf. Bus is cheaper, and if you are staying nearer the bottom of Verbier then this is a better option at about 5 or 6 chf.

We are in le chable if you need more info just drop us a line.

Sarah at activeFUSION.ch
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fantastic - thanks for all the help and suggestions. It looks like I would make Le Chable before 19.30, so hopefully will be able to jump in the gondola. Staying at the mirabeau so arriving at medran would leave me with a very short walk snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
activefusion, Looks like the bubble's running later this winter. No mad dash from Le Pub at 1830, the only problem being if you stay there til 1915 you are even less likely to leave!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve Sparks, busses now run till half 12 so no excuse!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy