Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Pentlands and Hillend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saw a link to this on WinterHighland and thought some of you may be interested. I have never been closer to thinking about touring, pity my off piste experience is negligible.

http://youtube.com/v/HyBvuFpB1mY
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where is this? Where is "pentlands"??? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Pentlands are on the southern outskirts of Edinburgh.

The chairlift and tow service the dry ski slope at Hillend. The dry ski slope is 400m long and was in the 1970s the longest in Europe.

Apparently Finlay Mickel and others have also been skiing on Arthur's Seat in Holyrood Park in Edinburgh.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice hills - I did a walk there a few months ago. (You can see the edge of Edinburgh in the big 360º pan shot.)
Were they just walking on up to the top from the top of the lift?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 5-12-10 12:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welshflyer, Cheers, i didnt know it was a dry ski slope, couldnt see it from all that snow!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From the thread on Winterhighland the guy said they were out with only downhill kit so they were hiking in the shots away from the dry slope.

Out of interest where is the longest dry slope now? I thought it may have been Sheffield if it is still open.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, what's the matter, don't you have Google where you live? Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure what the weather is doing back home but came across this if anyone is in the vicinity:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168490646525088
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scotland's 6th ski area!
snow report
 brian
brian
offpisteskiing, no login for fb, what was it?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian
Quote:
SHRED-INBURGH!! Arthurs Seat Flashmob Downhill. THIS SUNDAY!!

Sunday, December 5 · 3:00pm - 6:00pm

You've got enough time to get there! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Be careful though and perhaps take your tranceiver, shovel and probe: Arthur's Seat avalanche warning Shocked
latest report
 brian
brian
roga, brilliant! I could just get there in time but I'm trying to get some work finished off to clear the decks for a wee jaunt up north tomorrow. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/lRJldrUKaDs
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fantastic Very Happy

For historic interest, I can report that 2 or 3 friends and I did a traverse of the Pentlands from Balerno to (I think) Nine Mile Burn in the snowy winter of 1963. In those days we had cable bindings but I cannot remember now whether we loosened the heels to give a sort of Telemark or whether we just got blisters. We certainly weren't skiing as well as the folk in the clips.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy