Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Instructor - Peisey/Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We are off to Peisey in Jan and I am looking for a private instructor for a few lessons, but we need lessons in the morning as the kids have lessons then as well. New Generation only have afternoons available also the ESF seem similar. Anyone got any recommendations for other ski schools or other instructors in the area? We could also make it over to other areas of Les Arc or even over to La Plagne as long as we can get back in time....

Any thoughts.

Cheers,
Peter
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Gen in Vallandry, John Thomas is your man.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
prthomas, Fred Pouye is your man! He works with ESF, & if you email Colette at esfpeisey@wanadoo.fr and ask for him by name, she may be able to squeeze you in with him. if not, Julien or Michael are good too.

There is a list of ski schools here
http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/booking_you.r_ski_lessons-liste_activites-E2LIAI[ECOLSK-892-HIVER-UK-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html

When are you there?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, New gen only have privates in the afternoons which is no good for us.

genepi, We are there 2nd to 9th jan. I will try emailing esf.

Cheers all
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
prthomas, Rob Hutchison, scottish bloke, lives in Landry, used to work for New Gen.. PM'd details.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
prthomas, second Rob Hutchison.. top bloke..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:

Is he a member here ? Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geepee wrote:
Spyderman wrote:

Is he a member here ? Toofy Grin

You know what? I think he really is wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
offpisteskiing,
Quote:

prthomas, second Rob Hutchison.. top bloke..

Another recommendation for Rob; had some great lessons from him a few years back when he was with NewGen. Good to see he's still around.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
allanm, Thinking about it, would you pls PM me Rob's details too? I'll be in La Plagne next month and might hop across for some tuition seeing as he's still there
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks a lot, I will email Rob as well. Cheers, Peter
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
prthomas, Hi, John Thomas here, New gen manager in Vallandry, which week do you need lessons? Might be able to shuffle things around for you
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Newbie here!
We are also trying to get private morning lessons for Feb half term (mmm). This Rob Hutchison sounds like the man to contact. Can you please send me his email?
Many thanks Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Newbie here!
We are also trying to get private morning lessons for Feb half term (mmm). This Rob Hutchison sounds like the man to contact. Can you please send me his email?
Many thanks Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
caines, welcome, welcome to Snowheads.
ski holidays
caines, Welcome, and you have a new message Very Happy
ski holidays
Wha-hey. Thank you!
Does anyone have that email address?
I'm desperately trying to find an instructor Sad
latest report
caines, have you looked top right of your snowHead screen - Send read messages 5th down? you have a PM
ski holidays
Thanks very much for explaining Mountain Haddock. As you can tell, this is all new to me!
snow report
I would suggest John Arnold BASI trainer whom works in this area.
snow report
Hi Cynic do you have an email address for John Arnold by any chance?

Thanks
ski holidays
Elmer, he's working for New Generation in Vallandry (he did last season, I guess he will be this season).
ski holidays
Ahh thanks Rob, didn't realise he was with New Gen.
ski holidays
We arrive in Vallandry on the 4th January and I'm trying to arrange lessons for my 11 year old daughter. She likes the sound of the freeride group with New Generation however as it's out of school holidays there are no group lessons running that week and they can only offer private lessons which work out quite expensive. Have looked on esf site but a similar story however they do seem a lot cheaper for lessons as they offer lunchtimes and you can book a 6 hour block of private lessons. She's not too keen on the esf idea as she's convinced she won't understand the instructor (seems silly to me but I want her to be happy). Any recommendations or is it worth just booking a couple of lessons with new generation who appear to have excellent reviews or have more hours for the money with esf and try to convince her they will speak perfect English.
ski holidays
@L3VSA, I started having lessons with esf before new gen started in the resort, always had good instruction so stuck with them. Been with Marc Braun for the past few years using the lunch time lessons time.
ski holidays
If anyone has it, could they PM me the email address and number for Rob Hutchison please? (Assuming he's still operating out there)
Thanks
ski holidays
@MrsM, I don't have an email address for him, but I've just sent you his mobile number by PM.
snow conditions
we are there in 5 weeks time and looking for a private instructor for a few days can any one help as most are booked up!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We use new generation every year for private lessons for us and children - can highly recommend either john Thomas or Martin Rowe (am sure others are great also) - I would give them a ring and see if they have space - honestly cannot fault the tuition for us or the way my daughter went from terrified to happy and confident in her very first lesson.
latest report
Thanks for your help.i will call them tomorrow. .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy