Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes web cam screen saver?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I was hoping someone rather more technical than me might be able to help me with this.

There are some great high def 360 degree webcams views of Tignes on this site:-

http://www.tignes.net/en/ski-a-tignes/webcams-290.html

They are all loaded as Flash and have an option to view full screen so I was wondering if there is any way to set these up as a screen saver. I was thinking maybe a script or macro of some sort that turns the full screen view on and then refreshes at regular intervals to get the latest picture?

I use both Macs and PCs so a solution that could be used across both would be perfect - I'd love to have it on my flat screen in the living room which has a Windows 7 Media PC attached.

M
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great idea, but I would not have a clue how to do it. If anyone knows how to set it up, then please share it with us all.

Cheers
Smag
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a quick look, thought it would be easy but looks like its not a quick hack

The Flash file can be loaded directly - http://tignes360.livecam360.com/lac/flash/main.swf

This can be set as a screen saver(download a 'view' webpage screensaver") but its not full screen

I don't have any flash experience but I de-compiled the flash to look for a link to an image or to chop out the code to display full screen but don't have the right software (yet?)

if all else fails a script usig something like autohotkey or something to load the webpage and click on the full screen icon.

will wait for any flash expert to add some input before I do anything else but will probably gat this working for me so if nobody has an ideal solution I will get it working somehow
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy