Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

val d'isere town or la daile

Poster: A snowHead
hi all
il be heading out to val d'isere on the 1st of january and have been given the option to stay val d'isere town or in la daile what in you opinions is the best place therl be a bus service running into the eary hours of the morning back to la daile and we will of course be stopping of at la folie douche on most days Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ladaile - easy in the morning and evening after the du and you can always stagger back after the T bar
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val d'Isere. La Daille is pretty dull in the evenings by comparison.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bus back to La Daille stops around midnight; check val web site for exact time. it`s a refreshing 20 min walk otherwise. Depends if you want to be in the thick of the nightlife, or out in the sticks; La Daille accommodation is normally a bit cheaper as a result. I`ll be there on the 12th Dec Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi boogwa, my choice would be to stay in the town. I think it's much more convienient to have everything close by. If you are interested in after dinner apres then it would be much more handy to be in town, especially if you need to eat out. If you will stay in most evenings then it's less of an issue.

Is there much difference in the accommodation you've been offfered?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stay in town , much more choice and the walk back to La Daile is further than you think , especially if the weather is bad. Also if you wake up to a major dump get on the bus to Le Fornet as early as possible and you will have powder galore and it will be really quite. Few good pubs for apres such as the Morris , normally live band at around 6pm, and then the famous Dick's for the late night owls.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
theres not price difference in the accomodation the main issue is that we can get 7 in the room at la daile and dont have to split up between two room, as for the buses theres over 500 of us going with the same organised group so the tour opperator is putting buses on till gone 3am.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boogwa, seven? Shocked La Daille is mostly rabbit hutch apartments, so when it says seven it's likely to mean standing room only and no luggage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
7 in a room? V D I then! Joking aside, if there's no difference in price, I think I'd prefer stay in Val for the apres/flexibility and to remove the chance that some people may elect to walk back, beered up and more likely to have an accident (as has been reported here before).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
With 500 going, I'm guessing there'll be a fair bit of partying going on. In that case Town is the only answer Happy

I'll be there from the 5th Jan. I'll keep my eye out for the hoard!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
looks like the choice should be Val D'isere then il get it sorted Smile ether way im sure it will b one hell of a weekand depending wot the rest of my lot il go for val as for the walk it carnt be much worte then the one from the middle of val thorens to the appartments next to the slopes can it?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boogwa wrote:
looks like the choice should be Val D'isere then il get it sorted Smile ether way im sure it will b one hell of a weekand depending wot the rest of my lot il go for val as for the walk it carnt be much worte then the one from the middle of val thorens to the appartments next to the slopes can it?
The road from Val d'Isere is very slightly downhill to La Dialle, but I doubt if you could freewheel it on a bicycle. During the day it is a nice walk along a valley bottom with views of snow covered areas, trees and the mountains; there are no buildings. If it snows a lot then the road and the adjacent paths are often closed to pedestrians because of the avalanche risk. If there were no avalanche risk there then I am sure that there would be buildings all along the road.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
500? A student trip then? Definitely go for VD town given that students like a pint or two. The walk back to la Daille at silly o'clock in the morning would then be avoided. Three/four seasons ago a female Brit student drowned in the river after a night on the ale.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Given the type of group going, go for the town. You will all go insane in La Daille through boredom should you decide to stay there. There is nothing in La Daille apart from a completely horrendous apartment block, several bars/eateries and a great link up to Bellevarde.

I personally don't like Val D'Isere very much but I think the group you're going with will love it. I guess you'll all increase the French GDP exponentially that week! Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
students no not at all where all young farmers Madeye-Smiley 716 of us went to val thoren last year so if its anything to go by should be prety awesom as for things to do we will all find something to entertain us my main priority is whats best for nipping back in of the slopes for lunch and to get the first lift in the morning and such.
latest report
Stay in the town-there's plenty. Lifts galore too. Take my word.
snow report
Va town. In the middle, close to the meat. Also measn you're a bit closer to the lovelyness that is Le Fornet - that's a must if you're into trees Smile
ski holidays
never had a chance to go play in the trees that is a must for this holiday tho Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy