Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes 27/11/10 - 30/11/10 Mountainsun

Poster: A snowHead
Slightly better news!!! Smile RAC man arrived. they managed to release the hand brake and got the car warm and the fault seems to have cleared itself. Huge amounts of fingers crossed that Spydie will now make it home ok. He's currently on the M23.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kitty, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have everything crossed... I may end up with pins and needles... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Kitty, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have everything crossed......

So tempting to write something, must resist Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, glad to hear that you're finally on your way. I feel almost guilty to report that we collected our car from Gatwick also this afternoon but with no problems, apart from the fact that the car park was a little interesting in a Saab with mahusive wheels (which wouldn't normally be let out in such crappy conditions). Other Swedish contraption started first time, despite the last few nights' low temperatures. Sorry we didn't know you were having problems - not that we could have done much to help but could have at least provided a warm car or two for you to wait in Sad

Fizz o'clock when you get home might be in order!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm home Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Glitch on the electronics seems to have cleared itself, car ran faultlessly all the way home. Seems the cold and damp boogered the electronics, once the car was warmed up a bit and driven the faults slowly cleared.

SamM, The car park was interesting, only re-opened this morning, big piles of snow, had to drive through a few of them....rude not to. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, Glad you made it ok. Now for heaven's sake sit in a chair and don't move... don't touch anything... don't book anything... Toofy Grin

thefatcontroller, Excellent self control, I'm impressed. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman, Glad you are home, a large glass of something strong earned.

Is that it now? Have we had enough disasters now?!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nells, Schuss in Boots, We shall dine on this week for quite a while, that's if we can now afford the food.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 4-12-10 22:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, phew! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, Glad to hear you've made it home and that SamM has collected the car without incident....just need Michelle to let us know that she got her car out too and this trip can be officially declared over Very Happy At last!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
homphomp, and my missing skis turned up at 6.30pm today. Now if only BA's cancellation and re-booking flights system was as efficient as their lost baggage system?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh my

Have you and all your equipment vehicles etc etc managed to get home now?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Life will be so boring now you are all home.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

SamM and WTFH
Update from me:

We left Hotel Kitty (which was most welcome and enjoyed) about 10am sometime in the last 7 days... ( I think it may have been Friday, but I've really lost track...) jumped on the train to London, underground through and into Victoria. What I want to know is why, when two ladies, looking like they haven't slept for a week are walking towards you dragging cases that have stretched their arms by four foot and have lost the will to live, you walk at them and expect them to move around you and your backpack? Sod that. I think I sent four sprawling Evil or Very Mad

homphomp and I just about survived a riot at Victoria: the amount of people getting off the Brighton to Victoria train, in addition to the amount attempting to get on made the staff close the platform. Rightly so. This then created a huge queue at the barriers for those waiting to get on, and another at the barriers for those exiting the platform. There were hundreds, and they refused to open the gates. There was shouting and screaming and a single rail employee with a megaphone, pleading for people to be calm and use their tickets to open the gates in a single fashion. This may have been fine if all the tickets worked. There was one point, where children were being held over the heads of adults and the gates weren't opening at all. This continued until the transport police turned up and had a quiet word. It was then like the gates of hell Toofy Grin

SamM & Al Phorn ensuring we have enough comfy chairs!
In the 12 carriage train, homphomp and I were very lucky to get a seat - others were standing like sardines and we made a very slow trip to Brighton. We did make it though, and Mr hh very kindly came over to collect us. I got home and collapsed. But not until I'd filled the bird feeders, cleared the front step of snow and put through two wash loads though Little Angel

2330 and the doorbell went. WTF??? It was only the neighbour, telling us that our outside pipe had burst rolling eyes So off went the water and to bed we went. Luckily, Mr hh once again came to the rescue and yesterday brought his soldering iron and the pipe was fixed.

I got dropped off to work yesterday by Gray. What was my duty? AIRPORT STANDBY!! Did I get called? No. So another 8hrs in the airport. At least I got paid for that one!!

During the day, loads of people came up to me and spoke to me about our trip and proclaimed astonishment that I actually went to work yesterday. Oh well done facebook wink Laughing

bored, bored, bored...
I then took the crew bus to the car park and at 1930 my car, that has been nothing but trouble since the day it came out of the factory, started first time Very Happy

I walked through the door, after driving home in the most torrential rain over an hour later.

Can I please claim to be the last one completely home???!!! (Sorry homphomp!!)
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Life will be so boring now you are all home.

I think we'd all like life to be a little boring for a few days!!
latest report
Michelle, Good trip report. Very Happy It's odd though, the picture of you lot being removed from the bar at gunpoint seems to be missing... Toofy Grin
snow report
Wow! That's all been one big experience, glad you all got home safely, eventually.

One question though - was the skiing worth it? snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy