Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Service - Resort or Hemel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Fairly new here but see a lot of posts asking about servicing skis in resort. Any reason for this?

Only bought my own skis 2 seasons ago and between sesons got Hemel to give them the once over. Is there an advantage of getting them done in resort? Cheaper? Better service?

Was planning on taking mine back to HH again before we go to Les Duex Alpes in Jan., but now I'm wondering if I should wait and get them done out there?

J
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayxbee, hi and welcome to snowHead!

the reason a lot of people get their kit serviced in resort is cos they forget to do it before they leave the uk or they don't have a service place close to where they live.

depending on the resort you go to, it can work out cheaper to get it done there. plus you can get them done overnight rather than the couple of days (or weeks!) in the uk = no lost slope time!

if you're happy with the service you received at hemel, then stick with that. otherwise do a search for ski shops in the resort you're planning on going to visit, and see how much they charge to compare. hth
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One reason for having them done in resort is so that they can do what the current conditions require.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers all. Not sure my skiing is good enough to worry about the current conditions (yet!) ...

HH about 10 mins from me and plenty of time before I go.

Cheers again...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jayxbee Hemel were taking two weeks when I asked a couple of weeks back... machine was broken.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, bang on the money. No need to have the full service if a quick spit and polish is all that's needed. Preserve you edges, as my grandmother used to say*

*this may or may not be entirely true.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Extreme are the best in Les Deux Alpes IMO, I've had mine serviced there a few times. If you get them in to them in the evening they should be able to do them for you for the next morning.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've always had both generally better and the best services done in resort. I've had good services in the UK but only when it's been specific people doing them. On average, random services have been better in resort and the best services I've ever had have been in resort too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
servicing is for gatechasers - home file, ptex and wax (very occasionally) for us mortals
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob
On the button.... Sometimes warm the wax up too, if I can be ar$ed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
... file, ptex and wax ... is probably about all they do to mine but I would have no idea where to start! Maybe next year I'll work it out ,,,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy