Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bindings commonly accept up to what size boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about buying some salomon skis, distance buying. Can you tell me, what size boots are they likely to accept on the bindings, or are they a 'standard accept up to any size thing', or would you need more info to be able to advise?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RedAlpha, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Bindings are not infinitely adjustable - but if you are average sort of size and weight and have average sort of skis for you height and weight, they probably would.

If not, it's not a major job to adjust them - a ski shop would do it for not a lot of money if you didn't feel confident to do it yourself.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RedAlpha, welcome to the madhouse

you will have a few options, depending on the type of ski/binding combination..... if they are a rail or system type binding then ask the store what the max/min length boot that they will accept is, if they are to be drilled on to the ski then they need to be set up to the boot size, if they are to be drilled then i would not have it done til you have the boot at a store where they can centre it properly on the ski with the mounting jig

if you look at the side of your boot at the heel there should be a number in mm it will be three figure 317mm or 338mm or something similar along with 27.0-27.5 or 29.0-29.5 which may be next to the length measurement

i am assuming that you have boots at this point...if not GET THE BOOTS FIRST, and have them fitted properly you can ski on any pair of skis but having the correct boots can seriously affect your enjoyment of the sport in a positive way
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy