Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Schwendau (near Maryhofen)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

I'm working with Directski. We've a little hotel in the village of Schwendau called the Alpina. We got a commitment on the property which means we pay for the whole hotel for the season regardless of whether people book it or not. I've got the job of improving sales and I was hoping to get some feedback from the good people of Snow Heads.

As a booker of ski holidays, from looking at the description, photos etc.. would this hotel appeal to you?

Because it's not located right in Mayrhofen, are we giving enough inforamtion to make a purchasing decision?

Any feedback good or bad, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. The hotel can be viewed at http://bit.ly/es0cmW

Hope everyone is enjoying the snow. It's obviously really got people in the mood as we've just had our busiest days of trading ever..

Many thanks,
Neal
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you let me have free accommodation for two over the new year period (28-12-10 to 02-01-11), I will answer any question you want and give you an honest and Frank review
I'm being serious too!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Dave,

I've only 2 rooms left on that date so unlikely that I'll be able to offer you free rooms. However, if you want to PM before Xmas and if we still have availability, it yours! In the mean time, any feedback on what you can see on the website would be great..

Cheers,
Neal
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed at the hotel for a week this summer and had contemplated skiing there this winter. Plus points.... good hotel, friendly owner, great views from our room ( i imagine they are all pretty good) and quiet location. Minus points.... it's a bit of a trek to Mayrhofen, the train (which is very cool) is about a 15 minute walk away, I can imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare in winter, there is a bus, but this goes round about the houses a bit. There's a lift not far from the hotel but I have no idea about where it goes or costs. The Ziller valley is very beautiful with lot's of resorts to visit, all very accessible by train. Two rooms on the 22nd January please wink.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skihead ,
Am considering this hotel and others

can you tell me about the logistics of geting to/from the skiing please, I gather there is a bus involved, what times do the buses operate and frequency
if it possible to take a lift and ski to the Mayhorfen area.

Saul67 mentions a lift near the hotel, do you have any info on this
and what sking is locally avalable

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skihead, My feedback that is slightly off track from the thread - is sack the lunatic who insulted geordies. A very unwise move. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skihead,

We were very tempted by this hotel, but there was no availability for our date so have gone to Hotel Austria in St Johann instead with you guys.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My wife and I are looking to book a room in the Alpina for the week skiing flying out on the 12th Feb from Manchester price looks good but the cheap rooms have sloping roofs? is there anything to do in Schwendau after a hard day on the slopes? If it is too remote we will have to pay more to get a hotel nearer to a town and no sloping roof!

Regards,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
so I guess what my fellow snowHead s are syaing is:
1) more details on how the town links into the larger / main ski area (i.e. getting about when you're there)
2) ditto for and the hotel specifically
3) more details on apres and/or nightlife, if any.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
martinspindler, I'm assuming you mean sloping ceiling! I would very much hope they have a sloping roof. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
note to Skihead

In the absence of any feedback from yourself, we have booked somewhere else with another TO

"Skihead ,
Am considering this hotel and others

can you tell me about the logistics of geting to/from the skiing please, I gather there is a bus involved, what times do the buses operate and frequency
if it possible to take a lift and ski to the Mayhorfen area.

Saul67 mentions a lift near the hotel, do you have any info on this
and what sking is locally avalable

Thanks "
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I beleive the top rooms do have sloping ceilings as they are in the attic so to speak - its an additional £30 pp for standard rooms which is a bit steep or not depending on the pitch of the roof ha ha - in the abscence of any immediate feedback from skihead we may booking elsewhere too Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy