Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sion to Haute Nendaz - Taxi Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and 3 others are travelling to Haute Nendaz, arriving Sat 12th March 1pm on Snowjet Stansted/ Sion airport for one week and have just been quoted 100CHF for a taxi each way, ie 200 CHF total from Sion airport to HN and return (approx 20-25 mins and 15km, just googled it)......at about £65 e/w seems like a good place to be a taxi driver, and a bad place to be a punter!

Does anyone have a Taxi contact in Sion/ Haute Nendaz, so we can get a sensible deal............or travelling in/out on sat 12/19.03.11 Snowjet and we can share the mini-bus transfer?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not get the bus? I'm sure they must serve the airport, there are certainly regular buses from the station.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29, what times are your flights as the postbus is a very good option that i used in 2008 on the same route, at around the same time of year. the two of us came into sion train station in time to miss the last postbus of the day, and a taxi up to hn cost us a little over CHF45.

the return journey on the postbus was easy as, cost us about CHF8 each and the luggage handling was not a problem (a fully loaded snowboard bag + a small suitcase). not the number for a taxi firm, but hth.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29, - try these numbers - Sion Taxis: +41 (0) 27 322 32 32; Mattei Taxis +41 (0)27 203 52 52; Taxi Praz +41 (0)79 409 32 15

Not sure if they will cheaper then the option you have tried. Otherwise the postbus service is very efficient.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fileadmin/fap_pdf_fields/2011/12.362.pdf
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sherlock235, I see the bus timetable fromgorilla, (thanks) does the bus go into the airport on way to Sion centre?

Looks workable just need to sort the detail - not sure of the geography, ie poss to walk into Sion from airport etc?

Thanks all....................
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the postbus didn't stop at the airport, but from what i could see heading down from the hills, the airport may be too far from the station/the postbus route for a schlep with luggage. there probably is a bus that runs from the airport to the station though. if you do a search on www.sbb.ch/en it should show the connections you need, if they are available.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a bus from the airport to the bus station. I cannot find the timetable, though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a free shuttle bus from Sion airport to the train / bus in Sion town centre. On arrival at Sion airport the shuttle meets the Snowjet flight. On your return shuttle bus departures from the bus station vary depending on the departure time of your flight. For flights departing Sion at 13:00 the bus leaves the bus station for the airport at 11:45 for flights departing at 14:00 the bus leaves at 12:45 and for flights departures at 17:00 the bus leaves at 15:45. The info can be found here http://www.snowjet.co.uk/private_shared_transfer_services.asp#sion. Perhaps it should be more prominent....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gorilla, sherlock235, Powder Monkey, Brilliant stuff - looks like we are in business, thanks so much for your help all, great feedback Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy