Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski track cutter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know how much these cost, what the options are, whether any second hand ones available ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not many of us do nordic here - but good luck and welcome... snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only ski-track cutters I can think of are the type of thing fitted to the back of piste bullies for making Langlau​f tracks ...

Is that what you mean ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, that's them.

I found this: http://www.hmr-voss.no/indexa93c.html?fid=10004&lan=3 Still question of how to tow it. I wonder whether our local downhill ski clubs with piste bashers could be persuaded to venture further out and generate some XC ski tracks. Or for local flatter routes a little tractor or do those sit down lawnmower things have enough traction ?? e.g. for wylam waggonway or up along Allenheads paths, Waskerley Way, Bolts Law.

Looks like Glenmore have just cut tracks for the first time, although their piste machine doesn't look cheap: http://www.spanglefish.com/GlenmoreCrossCountrySkiMachine/index.asp?pageid=246051

In contrast the Vos machine looks more achievable and almost something someone with a bit of talent could knock up with some scrap metal.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TBH those pics of Glenmore tracks look to narrow and rough for proper Langlau​f tracks.

You need a pisting machine to compress and flatten the snow, and then cut the narrow ski grooves to one side of the Langlau​f 'piste', so you can skate up any inclines.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NorthernLights, pull it on a skidoo?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy