Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

val d'isere and pole baskets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all im new to the forum her Smile
il be traveling to val d'isere on the 1st of january and cannot wate for an epic week of skiing
my only problem is the lack of baskets i have on my poles what sort of price should i be expecting to pay for a pair?
also how much is ski servicing in resort many thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boogwa, Welcome.
Baskets.... what size do you require?
Servicing.. same as above?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
allanm wrote:
boogwa, Welcome.
Baskets.... what size do you require?
Servicing.. same as above?
Ski ServicePrice varies. I'm assuming you mean just basic "Fartage et affautage". I tend to try and find a "little shop" as they're usually cheaper and more personal, from memory about 12 to 15 Euro last year in montchavin. Not been to Val d'Isere for a while so no idea if its dearer. I'm not going to ask how you end up with a pair of ski poles ex baskets, but wouldn't it be easier to just get a pair here? A fiver should do it surely?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hello
baskets 75mm to 100mm either or anything that will be good on the piste but so i can manage on abit of of piste to
as for servicing ski lenght are 184cm volkl
many thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i was thinking the same its just where i live there are no real ski shops about unfortunatly i thort it might be as easy to get some in resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boogwa wrote:
i thort it might be as easy to get some in resort.
Yes, it should be. Probably easier.
I usually carry a spare one - I often end up giving them to people I'm with. Can be a problem off piste if you lose a basket.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

i thort it might be as easy to get some in resort.

Probably true, but almost certainly more expensive. I did a google for ski pole baskets and didn't come up with anything, they're not the kind of thing that they even seem to bother putting on their web sites, I'd try phoning a couple of places, snow and rock, banks of perth, ellis brighams etc and see how much, even with postage I can't imagine they'll be much.

Servicing, Price isn't determined by length, unless kids skis are cheaper (not something I look at), but unless you're very very tall those 184s will be old style skis? I don't suppose there's any problem getting them through the machines they use these days, unless someone else could care to comment? I thought I was the last dinosaur to give up on real mans skis for these pocket ones, but even I'm on less than that now! (I was very sad to retire my 200cm Rossi 7SKs Sad )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as far as ski kit and equipment is concerned, generally speaking, if it's can't be found in Val d'Isere it can't be found.

Work around the problem. Buy some new poles.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boogwa, Just ask in the ski shop that services your skis. They probably have a dirty cardboard box full of odd baskets and may even give you a pair if you ask nicely when paying for the ski service.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for your help as for the ski length they arnt that old and there twin tips im about 6foot 3 tall
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy