Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to look for genuine last minute deals???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

I'm not convinced lastminute.com is good value rolling eyes and with so many tour operators and independent sites, I'm not sure where to start .... Is it literally a case of trawling the net or are there any good/genuine sites that I should be looking at?

thanks for any help you can give

tor
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just looked at the Thomson ski website.

Newcastle to Soll B&B 21st December for a week £176 Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
......my credit card is starting to flex its muscles.............
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, well there's a start .... not sure my outlaws would ever speak to me again though ... thanks v much!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tor, Check directly with some of the operators own sites....Crystal ski, Mark Warner, Thompson etc etc. Deals to be had.

Also skitotal (total ski?), Ifyouski, igluski, directski, rocketski, bookable ski. Get googling.

Flexibility is the key to the cheapest deals and the abilility to scarper at short notice for off-peak weeks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tor wrote:
Smokin Joe, well there's a start .... not sure my outlaws would ever speak to me again though ... thanks v much!

Some would class that as a bonus Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tor, A friend of mine just booked a last minute deal. He checked Lastminute.com and found one he liked for £699. He thought it looked familiar so shopped around and found the exact same holiday on Inghams own site for £399. So I'd say you were spot on with your concerns.

As GeorgeVII said I've always found Ifyouski and Igluski sites very easy to use and full of bargains as well as fasttrackski.co.uk and have a look on the tour operators sites. You have to be quick though, the really good deals dont seem to hang around very long so be ready to book as soon as you see that great deal.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welove2ski have a pretty weighty offers page http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=800 .

If there is an independent who goes somewhere you fancy give them a ring and see if there is any flex on prices. People do it with us all the time, we never take offence and sometimes might give them a deal that would never hit the website if it works for us too!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Tor,

There certainly is a lot of choice out there!

Prices can change daily as supply and demand of certain resorts change - but even so the price difference pointed out by Dorset Andy is massive even accounting for these changes.

Crystal do have plenty of offers and deals on (as all the TOs do) at the moment.

As George VII says, flexibility is key if you want the best value.

If you're really looking for a budget price then I'd suggest the following:

Consider where you're going. Have you looked at all possible destinations (Andorra, Slovenia, Bulgaria)
Be prepared to take the early flights - these are less popular than 10 am departures
Think about the accommodation you're considering - how much time will you be planning to spend in the hotel/chalet?
Finally, when can you go? Early season (early December) and late season (March/April) are typically a quieter time to go and whilst many people go in peak season for obvious reasons you can pick up great value deals if you're prepared to look around.

As I said at the start, prices are likely to change and vary depending on when you look.

Hope this helps.

Jon (Crystal)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.askforfritz.co.uk/ - thinks it's all the Crystal late deals on there. Fritz is top class, or at least was when I dealt with him Smile

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 2-12-10 13:09; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Re askforfritz - those prices don't look accurate to me. But then again, what would I know!

I'm of course biased but to get the real deal go to
http://crystalski.co.uk/ski-deals/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Simon Cross - ha! Shocking, blatant self-promotion..... good on yer:D

You're tempting me BTW... Wink

FWIW, I did ADH two years ago through them (back when it was crystalskizone or something along those lines) and it was about £300 each H/B including transfers and flights. Stayed in L'Hermitage..... not the Ritz but decent enough, aside from a million students staying opposite for the BUSC event. Can't remember paying an supplements or extras other than passes when we got there. Saying that, we booked about a week before we flew so probably got a last, last, last minute price....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman, unfortunately Blatant Self Promotion is what I do best Smile Hopefully within the strict guidelines of Snowheads of course.

Re "probably got a last, last, last minute price"
Yep, don't bank on that this time (I would say that!!)

As Jon said above, it does come down to dates & flexibility. The best dates and the best places to stay are more or less gone by now. But it depends what you're after. We'd be more than happy to have you again this year Smile

Have fun searching...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Simon Cross, really like your style. Keep posting, please. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, Get a room, will you?......Simon Cross can probably do you a deal wink
ski holidays
I would like to express full agreement with Hurtle, without distasteful use of any mathematical symbols.

snowHead
latest report
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Hurtle, Get a room, will you?......Simon Cross can probably do you a deal wink

Laughing
snow report
Hurtle, The Voice of Reason, well unfortunately we do have some rooms left! **Not for long though** Smile
snow conditions
The Voice of Reason, Laughing
snow conditions
GeorgeVII wrote:
tor, Also skitotal (total ski?), Ifyouski, igluski, directski, rocketski, bookable ski. Get googling.

I nearly always go on late(ish) deals and thats pretty much the list of sites I use. If you do a search on any hotel/chalet that comes up on those you can then fin the operator and check the direct price with the TO's site. IfYouSki are always the same price as the operator offers themself in my experience and sometimes better.
Check out the office hours for bookings (lots are 9am-7pm). There's no chance of getting a deal you saw at 8pm on the net, if you have phone when the office re-opens at 9am the next day;It'll be long gone. Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy