Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you do between seasons???

Poster: A snowHead
Ok guys (and girls) I was just wondering what do you guys that go out for a season do between them? Its just I am thinking of doing a ski instructors course in 2012 and it would mean having to leave a family job! Job would prob always be there for me but I am being asked what I would do between seasons? I suppose because who would want someone that is going to leave for 6months a year, even if you are the boss' grandson! Just out of curioucity!(sp.)

Thanks! snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Southern hemisphere or mountain bike guide. I do neither but both options.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Building work, other temping, instructing in NZ, other sports, holidays, dole.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Climb, golf (not on the same day), sail, sunbathe, get drunk. Where's the issue?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Issue is paying for it! My god am i tempted to pack my job in at the end of the summer and get my level 2 CSIA then take things from there! now struggling to choose between Fernie and Red Mountain! Parlor you might know....some advice??? wink wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You won't earn much with the CSIA 2!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
play golf
work to pay for the golf and skiing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
m_raff123, so do it then. What's the very worst that can happen?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can anyone tell me what the average pay rate is for a ski instructor in canada or the states? A rough idea is all i am looking I have heard $14-$16 dollars per hour? Well i already play a good bit of golf! I cadded during the summer for a guy on the nationwide tour! and he is now in the final stage of q-school in america for the pga tour! So i let that one slip!had to go home because of visa problems! could i ask some of you more experienced guys to have a look at

www.nonstopski.com

and tell me what you think? or recoment someone else to do the course with? As i said i cant decide between Fernie and Red Mountain
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pretty sure DaveC has done multiple seasons in Fernie...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pay rate is very, very low... you'll struggle to break $1200 doing "30 hour" weeks all month. Rent is approx $600 for your own room w/ bills, a pint costs $5-6, so yeah, it's not great. You need to be a CSIA3 to have much hope.

Fernie or Red? I've never been to Red, but I'm pretty biased. Depends what you want really, have a google. I work with a lot of the Nonstop instructors in Fernie, great guys, but the course isn't cheap. Well, it's not bad for what you get, but still.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in the marquee hire business and we are always looking for people who want work from May till October, like working outdoors, and preferably drive a 7.5 ton truck.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I struggle to break that doing 40 hour weeks here at home....joys of a family job i guess! NonStop seams like a pretty well run thing. To be honest, i dont think i can sit in front of a computer, for the rest of my days! after all I am only young and you only live once! No point going down the same route as everyone else is going down!

*BertieG* i dont drive a truck but hey work is work! where is this marquee business?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you mean: "I don't drive a truck YET"
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ScooperSlyder: Exactly! Lorry driving is another Family business of ours so it is only a matter of time!
ski holidays
m_raff123, Red is pretty small, when it snows it gets pounded. For resort skiing it's much more limited than Fernie - not that I've skied Fernie. Great for cat skiing, heli skiing and touring but not a great place if you want to be a ski instructor I would imagine as far less tourists.
snow report
Well its really just to get the qualification the i would look for a job is some of the bigger resorts the following year, i.e. Whistler/Banff, and the crowd that are doing the course says it is accepted qualification in New Zeland and in the states, so really its just for what is a good fun place to ski!
ski holidays
m_raff123, if you like hippies, weed and pow then Red will be perfect.
ski holidays
Quote:

I was just wondering what do you guys that go out for a season do between them?

...I go windsurfing...life's a beach!
snow report
Lots of mountainbiking - to get fit for skiing!

Oh! and look for cheap ski gear......and plan ski holidays.....and talk about skiing.

am I sad?
ski holidays
Keep the snowheads forum entertained with debatable schemes that delight some and exasperate others. Laughing
ski holidays
grifterski: I do the exact same...so that makes 2 of us!

I think I am going to choose Fernie! Simply because of the accomadation and a few reviews.

Then get work visa apply to Whistler ski school, and fall in there.......fingers crossed! *well thats the dream anyway!* snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy