Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

salomon 2012 or Scott Punnisher

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I have been skiing Rossignol B3's for a couple of weeks and whilst they were great in the powder I found them hard work in moguls and they are heavy so I want to get something which will work in the powder but will be more fun on piste and quicker at short turns. I haven't been able to find a direct comparision of the two skis. I am off to Whistler at Christmas where with a bit of luck there will be a lot of snow. I know your going to say try them out and buy them there but they are stupidly expensive there and the holiday and lift passes are already costing the earth!

I could get the Salomons at Sport Conrad but I have no idea where to get the scotts from at a sensible price any help on this also appriciated.

looking forward to hearing from anyone who has skied either of these, and from any one who is in Whistler from the 23rd December till the 5th.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi. Im afraid I can't give you any advice on the Scotts as i have never tried them all though Scott do produce some amazing skis and other products but I can tell you that the 2012s are some of the best skis I have ever used. I do work for Salomon so i get the chance to test them before they come out and the 2012s have been a huge hit with everyone so far. There are not that many left in the country now and I think Snow and Rock have sold out so thats great if you can get them at Sport Conrad. These skis are great for all conditions but they excel in the backcountry and park but are super fun for shredding the whole mountain. Hope this helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that sharpie I think i will give them a go just need to work out what length 171 or 179 I am 175 in hight and weigh 78kg I know the extra length will help in the deeper stuff but i assume the 171 will be better in mogals and tight chutes where you need to jump turn. also wondering about the how good an idea it is to get the bindings mounted without the boot and just use measurements, I assume there is some margin of error on boot manufacturers sizing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would go for the 179s as the double rocker makes them feel much shorter. They are good in the bumps too and I use the 179 and im smaller than you. I wouldnt worry too much about getting the binding mounted without your boots, im sure they will be fine. You will love theses skis, i promise!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy